World CP Day 6th October 2020
All around the world, people and communities have had to adapt to big changes caused by COVID-19. People with cerebral palsy have mastered dealing with change, breaking down barriers, and coming up with creative solutions their whole lives.
Make Your Mark this World Cerebral Palsy Day. Show everyone how you adapt and innovate every day. This year on 6th October, we invite you to visit Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and share:
- Your achievements
- Solutions you’ve discovered
- Changes you’re advocating for
What is World CP Day?
The aim of the day is to raise awareness of cerebral palsy:
The movement was started in 2012. It is now supported by 450 Cerebral Palsy organisations, universities, parent groups, research institutions, student groups, schools and children's hospitals from 65 countries.
The first World CP Day campaign was called 'Change My World in 1 Minute'. The project sought ideas from the global community of people with CP for technologies and products that needed inventing - that had the potential to 'change the world' for people living with CP.
Cerebral palsy is a lifelong disability affecting around 17 million people throughout the world. It is a complex disability that can vary in effect from one individual to another with symptoms ranging from weakness in one hand to a complete lack of voluntary movement throughout the body.
How can I get involved?
If you would like to get involved in World Cerebral Palsy Day, the official website has a range of information including resources for schools, and a variety of downloadable materials.
You can also show your support with Facebook profile pic frames. Make sure you tag #worldcpday when you share it with friends.
Will you be joining in with World CP Day this year? We’d love to hear your achievements, the solutions you’ve discovered and changes you are advocating for.
Specialist Information Officer and Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead
Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 761 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments