Disabled tenants being taken to Court, papers from HM Courts & Tribunals Service arrived today — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disabled tenants being taken to Court, papers from HM Courts & Tribunals Service arrived today

Options
Chez24
Chez24 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Well Landlord has done it.

Despite paying rent for 3 years and not in arrears or have not caused any anti-social behaviour, the Court has sent us this morning the papers.

We have 2 weeks to give our reason we need longer to find a place or we will be out before Christmas.

So much for 300,000 evictions and priority to the Courts for those in domestic violence and those causing anti-social behaviours first. It seems we must be removed.

Again the disabled are the last to be supported and cared for.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi I am very sorry to hear this you must be worried 

What is the reason behind it do you know 

Get onto your local mp 

You may get rehomed by council or contact shelter organisation 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Evictions have been back on since 21st September, although i don't think the the priority is domestic violence/anti social behaviour, at least this link here doesn't state this. https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/coronavirus

I can only advise the same as janer here and contact your local council and shelter to see what help they can give you. In the meantime is it possible to broaden your criteria for the property you're looking for? With it being just a bungalow you're looking for then there's very few of those available in most areas.

I wish you good luck though and hope you find something suitable very soon.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm also very sorry to hear of this @Chez24, it must be distressing. I think Poppy and Jane have given good advice here- have you had a chance to speak to your local shelter and council or MP? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Deresha
    Deresha Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Options
    Chez24 said:
    Well Landlord has done it.

Despite paying rent for 3 years and not in arrears or have not caused any anti-social behaviour, the Court has sent us this morning the papers.

We have 2 weeks to give our reason we need longer to find a place or we will be out before Christmas.

So much for 300,000 evictions and priority to the Courts for those in domestic violence and those causing anti-social behaviours first. It seems we must be removed.

Again the disabled are the last to be supported and cared for.

I wander if “2020” should be reason enough to any compassionate person. It’s ridiculous any additional stress being put on anyone this year.
    Widow/Mum to a child who is ventilator dependent via tracheostomy, he is deaf and autistic, and homeschooled.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When you're privately renting if your landlord has no other properties that they rent out it's always going to be risky because you never know when your landlord will want their house back.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.