My girlfriend applied for PIP 3 moths ago. Has back pay stopped because of COVID-19? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My girlfriend applied for PIP 3 moths ago. Has back pay stopped because of COVID-19?

liamdavies083
liamdavies083 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My girlfriend applied for pip 3 month ago and she had her assessment and they said said it will be 8 weeks till she will find out how much she will get but will she get back pay or has is been stop cause of the covid 19 that's going on 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    HI and welcome,

If it's a first time PIP claim and she isn't transferring from DLA and she's successfully awarded then yes it's backdated to the date she first rang to start her claim.

If she's transferring from DLA then there's no backdated money.

If she lives in the UK then once the report has been returned to DWP she can ring them to request a copy of the report, this will give her some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. She'll still need to wait for the decision to made though. Once it has if she's not happy then she'll have 1 month from that date to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR).

There' no timescales for any decision, the 8 weeks she was told is nothing more than a guide. It can take anywhere between 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome fingers crossed for your girlfriend and hope the advice abice has helped 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @liamdavies083, it's great to have you here! 

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into the PIP category

I hope that the advice posted above has answered your question. Please do let us know if there's anything else we can help with :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @liamdavies083 - welcome to the community. I see your query has been answered, & hope your girlfriend's PIP claim goes well. :)
  • liamdavies083
    liamdavies083 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    She got to wait 8 weeks for her letter but we got to cause it's her first time that and cause of the covid 19 that they have stop the back dated and she been told that she won't get backed dated 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    She got to wait 8 weeks for her letter but we got to cause it's her first time that and cause of the covid 19 that they have stop the back dated and she been told that she won't get backed dated 

They haven't stopped backdating any money because of Covid19. Who ever told you that is not correct. There's no timescales for any decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.