PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, im Katherine73! Could my PIP have been cancelled?

Katherine73Katherine73 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2020 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi thanks for letting me join.

Anyone else had PIP cancelled without any notice??  

Replies

• Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,131

Scope community team

Hi @Katherine73 and welcome to the community.

How are you today? 

I'm sure some of our users will have had that happen to them yes, I assume that's what has happened to you?
    Online Community Coordinator

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,199 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Tbh I haven't heard of it being stopped without notice 

When was your award due to end ? Did you get awarded after a tribunal ? These could be reasons why 

I suggest you call them to ask why 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

What do you mean by cancelled? They can't just "cancel a PIP award"  Did your award end? or were you reviewed and then refused when the decision was made?
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Katherine73Katherine73 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    i was changing from DLA to PIP and was having a MR after i called them in January.  Last week motability turned up for my car telling me my review was cancelled in March??!! I’ve not had a letter text or email from DWP.
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,199 Disability Gamechanger
    If you had put in MR I am presuming you were not awarded enhanced PIP which is why they will have come for the car 

Has your money stopped as well? If you have had a decision on your PIp claim that is the decision that stands until the MR decision is complete 

Again you really need to contact them as we can only guess what us going on 
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Posts: 4,038

Scope community team

Hello @Katherine73 and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry you had that unexpected news  :(  That must have been a real shock.  

I've moved your post over to our PIP, DLA and AA board so our members can offer you advice on what might be happening and what to do next.  Good luck.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    i was changing from DLA to PIP and was having a MR after i called them in January.  Last week motability turned up for my car telling me my review was cancelled in March??!! I’ve not had a letter text or email from DWP.

I'm assuming you were refused PIP. What was the decision of the MR? If you could tell us exactly what's happened then someone will be able to advise you but without all the details it's impossible to give any advice.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 5,020

Scope community team

Hi @Katherine73! Have you been able to take a look at the replies above? We'd all love to try and help if we can :) 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Sign in or join us to comment.