Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Possible Cerebral Palsy?
Sorry for the long winded-ness!
I am a 27 year old with muscle issues since birth. Symptoms being stiffness of lower limps (particularly calves) this gets worse in the cold and when tired. I walk on my tippy toes on one side and use my toes for balance which has caused me to grow a bunion on one foot. These things do not get in the way of my day to day life but it does affect me emotionally. I constantly try to walk 'normal' (I have a limp and tend to stick my bottom out making my walk 'duck like')
I have had an MRI after going to a foot and ankle specialist who said I have the symptoms of someone with Cerebral Palsy which in all my life has never been mentioned before - which after hearing I thought - yes! this makes so much sense!
Anyway - the MRI came back with only a slight scarring on my spinal cord - is it possible to have CP so mild it does not show on an MRI scan? Could a small bit of scarring be the root cause of all my issues? I feel like I could be getting worse as I am being less active now out of school ect - so will be getting back to more exercise as I do believe this helps.
If anyone out there has had something similar to myself or have another route I could maybe try I would really appreciate if you could get in touch
PS hope everyone is keeping safe
- All Categories
- 13.2K Start here and say hello!
- 6.8K Coffee lounge
- 89 Games lounge
- 474 Cost of living
- 4.5K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 227 Community updates
- 9.5K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.6K Work and employment
- 797 Education
- 1.7K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 649 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 372 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 820 Transport and travel
- 31.6K Talk about money
- 4.5K Benefits and financial support
- 5.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 17K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 4.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 878 Chronic pain and pain management
- 179 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.3K Mental health and wellbeing
- 327 Sensory impairments
- 826 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions