The new way of life . — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The new way of life .

Doglady
Doglady Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi my name is Maura, 2 years ago I had to suddenly give up work due to waking up one morning and couldn't walk and had intense pain.I basically stumbled across this site didn't know it existed  ,so jst here to say hello .Still adjusting to this new life I have, and most of all acceptance off it ?

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 15,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Doglady - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community, Maura. That must have been an awful experience, but it sounds like acceptance of your problems now will help you. It's good you stumbled across this site, as you will find other people who understand some of what you're going through. It's a great community, & I hope you enjoy being a part of it. If you have any questions, just say, as there's usually someone here who can help. Please look around; join us in our virtual 'Coffee lounge,' or join in with other discussions. Yoou'll find links to these at the top of this page. :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    Hello @Doglady and a big welcome to our online community.  I'm glad you stumbled across us :)

Well, what a shock that must have been for you.  I just can't imagine.  Did you get a diagnosis?  

Lots of our members have had similar experiences of becoming 'suddenly disabled' and it certainly takes some adjustment.  I hope we can offer you support.  

I think you'd enjoy our virtual coffee lounge where we like to have random chats and play games.  Also, browsing our categories might bring you to a topic you can relate to.  Feel free to jump into any conversations and get involved.

By the way, going by your name I'm guessing you either have a dog or like them!  If you have one, what breed is it?  

Talk soon and give me a shout if you need any help.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Doglady :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Campaigns Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Doglady :) We look forward to seeing you around. Have you been able to find your way around the site okay? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Doglady, glad to have you here !
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.