If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Flue jabs

Options
MarkIngleton
MarkIngleton Community member Posts: 33 Connected
edited October 2020 in Coffee lounge
Hi its that  time for flue jabs if you can find one the government had said any one offer ascertain  age can get a flue jabs I have tried all week .My Doctor has said try in December or later all local medical centres have no closed there appointments . So were can I get a flue injection 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @MarkIngleton! Have you tried your local chemist? This isn't a complete list, but I believe places like Boots, Superdrug, Lloyds Pharmacy, and ASDA offer the flu jab. 

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into the coffee lounge :) 

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• MarkIngleton
    Options
    Yes boots closed there we dont have asda superdrug no it's a small one Lloyd's full till late November early December
  • Han_
    Han_ Community member Posts: 151 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @MarkIngleton. Is there a Tesco near you? They are vaccinating people aged 65 years old and over. You can find more information here.

Han
  • MarkIngleton
    Options
    Sorry  yes they have no chemist in store

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hmm, I'm not sure where else to suggest @MarkIngleton. Are you able to travel to a nearby town or city to see if they have a chemist with spaces open? 

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• MarkIngleton
    Options
    Were on lock down and self isolating
  • Han_
    Options
    Are there any independent pharmacies near you that you can call? @MarkIngleton
  • Han_
    Options
    Hi @MarkIngleton, I was just wondering if you have managed to find somewhere to get the flu vaccine?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    I had mine about 3 weeks ago up at the Doctor's.

Also, about this time last year I had one, and straight away I got Pneumonia and was sick as a Parrot for about 3 months.

• MarkIngleton
    Options
    Well your lucky again gave every were a call my doctors my be December or January boots no lock  down . The rest are fully booked till next year 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well your lucky again gave every were a call my doctors my be December or January boots no lock  down . The rest are fully booked till next year 
    I hate to be pedantic but your equals you're :D 
  • MarkIngleton
    Options
    Mr Allen !? 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Mr Allen !? 
    Yeah sorry mate but I'm a "Grammar Nazi" from way back.

• MarkIngleton
    Options
    I say its the word spell  I have now got the shakes so it's like golden shoot if you're that old 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.