Employment Advice - LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Employment Advice - LCWRA

Options
Beanie71
Beanie71 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
I am currently employed part time and have just been notified that I'm entitled to LCWRA as currently signed off work with RA and have been since July, if i decide to leave this role due to not being able to cope with the long day/travel/stress etc and take up something I can do at home for myself will this effect my claim.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You've already been assessed as having LCWRA and leaving your job will not affect your benefit claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Beanie71
    Options
    Thank you @poppy123456 for your quick reply, just a bit confused with what it all means as I have had no correspondence and clarification of what it means yet xx
  • Beanie71
    Options
    Any more information and guidance would be great thank you xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The LCWRA element pays an extra £341.92 per month from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you first sent evidence of your health condition.

You will also have a work allowance which means you can earn a certain amount of money before you start to see the 63% reduction in your UC. If you claim the housing element it will be £292 per month and if you don't receive the housing element it will be £512 per month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Beanie71
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.