Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Hi, my name is JimmyJones!

JimmyJonesJimmyJones Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2020 in Welcomes and introductions
I am interested in what is going on in the crazy world this year. I am fed up with the lockdowns. I don't know what is going on
Tagged:

Replies

• Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Community Team Posts: 3,210 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community @JimmyJones :) It's great to have you here.

It has been a crazy year, hasn't it. Is there anything about the new lockdown that you're particularly concerned or confused about? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 7,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JimmyJones welcome on board 

I think we are all in the same place wondering if we will ever return to some normality one day dont think it will be anytime soon 
  • OxonladyOxonlady Member Posts: 295 Pioneering
    Hi @JimmyJones, a lot of people don't know what's going on, personally I can't keep up with all the changing rules.
    My current concern is that I have an appointment for a scan this Wednesday and I just hope it doesn't get cancelled, I've been waiting for months. 
    I hope the NHS won't shut down again for non-covid patients! 
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Community Team Posts: 3,210 Disability Gamechanger
    I know you've been waiting for a long time for that scan @Oxonlady, so I've got my fingers crossed for you! 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
    Hi @Tori_Scope , for the last couple of months I have almost been driven mad by the constant, relentless pain. It's affecting my memory and mental wellbeing as well because it's like being constantly under attack. I wish doctors would understand the effects of such severe pain.
    I don't want to have morphine or other opiates and there don't seem to be any alternatives. I already feel that the pain is affecting my personality... I hope to God there will be light at the end of this tunnel... 
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,760 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome @JimmyJones and my word you are so right, 2020 - what a year  :o  How have you been coping with all the lockdown and different restrictions?

@Oxonlady Would you consider acupuncture?  I'm not advocating its use however it might be worth researching.  Here's the NHS information page about it.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know. 
    Hi @Cher_Scope, I'd probably be ok with gentle acupressure but acupuncture is too painful for me, I've tried it!
    Even gentle massage might help but I am housebound... 
  • Masuma12345678Masuma12345678 Member, Member - under moderation Posts: 51 Listener
  • Masuma12345678Masuma12345678 Member, Member - under moderation Posts: 51 Listener
    My name is Masuma
Sign in or join us to comment.