Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Glifo, writing tool for children with disability and the kickstarter campaign.
Hello, this is Marta. We are a fab lab working on open innovation projects and TOG a rehabilitation centre for children with cerebral palsy.
I am writing to you just to share our Glifo, a writing tool for children with disabilities that helps them in drawing and writing. It is customised on the child's needs and is 3Dprinted.
We started working on Glifo back in 2014, putting together knowledge, experience and skills of therapists, designers and TOG parents and now we have come up with a new design that it is simply light, small, and extremely functional.
Then, Glifo is different from existing handling tools that have a palm grip and tend to reinforce the pathological contraction caused by hypertonia. Glifo is positioned on back of the hand and therefore fights the pathological situation.
Now we have been sailing on a bigger challenge: to make it available to anyone who needs it, anywhere in the world. How? Thanks to an online configurator, so that people can set dimensions, colours and name and receive Glifo at home. [removed by moderator - crowdfunding]
Also, if you are interested, you can have your Glifo through the campaign choosing the rewards.Take care in these strange times, Marta
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.