Christmas decorations, feel free to post your pictures, - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Christmas decorations, feel free to post your pictures,

Options
13»

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This thread made me smile again today. Love seeing all your festive photos  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,864 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    it is nice to see @L_Volunteer, i hope we see a few more join in x
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm glad Christmas at least provided you some respite and peace @Grinchy! And lol at the bald fat due :D 
    I still feel like a big kid, not just Christmas but generally! I never believed when people would say that but it slowly crept up on me too lol
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Getting there 

Lovely @GizmoTiddles!! I love the big standy-up Santas and your stockings are so sweet <3 
  • Grinchy
    Options
    I'm glad Christmas at least provided you some respite and peace @Grinchy! And lol at the bald fat due :D 
    I still feel like a big kid, not just Christmas but generally! I never believed when people would say that but it slowly crept up on me too lol
    Thank you, as for being a big kid, nothing wrong with it, i still collect toys, they may be star wars and called action figures or collectibles, but lets be real, they are toys or aspirational figures as i joke with my kids,  :smile:

• Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    Options
    Well @Grinchy I could do with your beloved to come round and sort out my Xmas tree! You've heard of the anti-Christ, my tree is the anti-Xmas tree! The trouble is I can't bend down or look downwards because I fall over and end up in bally hospital. All my neighbours go overboard at any celebration, so I thought I had better put a tree up otherwise they will think I am a miserable old so and so. So I bought a fiber optic tree but because I couldn't build it at ground level without falling on the ground myself, I built it on my tumble dryer. In order for me to stay upright, I had to use one hand to hold on to the dryer, and the other to decorate the tree. This is easier said than done. Anyway, I managed until I tried to turn the tree around to decorate the remaining back third. I couldn't turn the tree towards me 'cos its legs kept going over the side of the tumble dryer, and had it fell to the floor I would have been in deep messy stuff. I then realised that the neighbours could not see it, so I had to push the tumble dryer over to the window. It then became apparent to me that all the neighbours could see is the undecorated back third. I felt unseasonably depressed at this, so took a sleeping tablet and went to bed.

The next day I realised I didn't have a fairy or a star on top of the tree. This made me further depressed and I almost turned to alcohol.  I cannot go up a step ladder because I will fall over. So I have got the worst decorated tree in the country. On top of this, the aforementioned neighbours won't be able to see it, because I have got blinds and not curtains that I can draw backwards. I have uploaded a pic of the tree, but it looks much better in the pic than in real life.

But anyway, thank you eveyrone for decorating your homes because it makes people feel happy, and I guess that is the meaning of Xmas.

• Grinchy
    Options
    Hey @Steve_in_The_City, sorry to hear of your struggles with the tree, i think it looks ace, i hope it cheers you up a bit, my wife does ours i'd struggle with the getting up and down to
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,832 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Steve_in_The_City I love your tree  I prefer fiber optic, will look lovely with lights off. 
  • Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    Options
    @Grinchy @Sandy_123 Thank you for saying such nice things about my tree!!! I really can assure you that it looks much better in the picture than in real life. I am already worrying about how to take it down after Xmas; I think I will have a smashing time. A few people have been in my flat since I put it up. Everyone has been too kind and diplomatic to comment about it. Honestly, it's a bit like the elephant in the room - it's there, but better ignored. I have no idea what will happen when I need to use my tumble dryer. It vibrates and I think the tree may fall off it.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I can see a few more have joined in since @Grinchy. Yay!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Grinchy
    Options
    Well its that time again, tree has been up a while and now the ceiling decorations are up

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@Grinchy
    Your house looks great full off Christmas cheer 🎄🎅
  • Lou67
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Grinchy
    Hi I don’t have decorations but here’s my contribution to some festive cheer 😊
  • Grinchy
    Options
    looks great @Lou67, very nice job!
  • Lou67
    Options

@Grinchy
    Thank you I hope you’re keeping well.  😊
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Being a newbie, I've not seen this thread before.  Excellent work all!  I'll have a closer inspection on my lunch break. ;) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Grinchy
    Options
    Thanks folks, @Albus_Scope this started last year, i just bumped the thread hopefully more people will show there decs
  • Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 14,514 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lou67 said:

@Grinchy
    Hi I don’t have decorations but here’s my contribution to some festive cheer 😊
    I want to move in. I love that floor 
  • Lou67
    Options

@Ada
    Awww you’re so lovely and you’d be welcome here anytime my friend ❤️❤️

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.