Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Tell me about your pets

cupcake88cupcake88 Member Posts: 952 Pioneering
I have a little dog who’s my world he’s my best friend . He gets me threw my darkest days and my good days . I wish I was well again and able to take him for walks and trips to the beach on a good day I can take him for a 5 min walk but usually I just let him out in the garden as I’m not well enough to go outside most days I miss taking him on Long walks and going on adventures . He loves his food and I like spoil him he makes me happy tell me about your pets x

Replies

• 66Mustang66Mustang Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,080 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    We have a dog and he is a pain in the **** :D

He is a nice dog though :)
  • CressCress Member Posts: 498 Pioneering
    I love the bones and all other bits of my little dog.
    When I brought him home I expected him to be a bit nervous and maybe missing his mum, but he ran out of his carrier with a big daft doggy smile on his face and ran around licking everyone and wagging his tail.
    He was very fond of my now sadly deceased ragdoll cat and would take every opportunity to try and hump her, she would have none of it...and let him know in no uncertain terms she wasn't that type of cat.
    We bought him his own humpy toys, who would all start out with a different name but all end up being called crusty...for obvious reasons lol ...I love that he may think I look and smell like something he's just dug up but he never judges and loves me anyway....

• Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Posts: 4,038

Scope community team

I have three cats who are my little mates - Frank, Trinity and Lavender.  All from cat rescue centres and each with their own unique personality.  

Frank is a grumpy old man (14 years old) who demands the finest food.  Trinity (5 years old) is a little scaredy cat who will only interact with you on her terms  :D  While, Lavender (2 years old) is like a little marshmallow flump who will lay on her back with her belly exposed for you to tickle her! 

I can't imagine my home without my lovely pets  <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    I have a Siamese male cat named Alfie.He's white with blue eyes so he's rare.  He's 7 and spoilt rotten but he's my baby! I don't let him out unless i'm in the garden watching him. He sleeps next to me on my bed at night. Actually, if he doesn't come to bed i'll get up and go and find him lol. Can't sleep without my boy.

He's scared of everything, even his tail. lol. Doesn't like my grandson either and always goes upstairs when he's here. He drinks from a glass, yes a glass lol. He won't drink his water if it was in a dish, very spoilt boy and definitely the boss. <3<3

Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • 66Mustang66Mustang Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,080 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you heard the saying that cats don’t have owners, they have staff :D
  • CressCress Member Posts: 498 Pioneering
    I have a plaque saying, "we had to get rid of the kids, the cat was allergic"
    They take no prisoners...lol
    Cress said:
    I have a plaque saying, "we had to get rid of the kids, the cat was allergic"
    They take no prisoners...lol

Hahaha that made me laugh!
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 5,020

Scope community team

He drinks from a glass, yes a glass lol. He won't drink his water if it was in a dish, very spoilt boy and definitely the boss.
    This is hilarious @poppy123456 :D That's next level!

Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Similar to Poppy our dog will ignore his bowl of dog food and pester us for human food when we are eating! :#

I try to tell people that if you leave him long enough he will eat his dog food but the puppy eyes work on my family members so the dog food ends up going in the bin...!
    He drinks from a glass, yes a glass lol. He won't drink his water if it was in a dish, very spoilt boy and definitely the boss.
    This is hilarious @poppy123456 :D That's next level!

I have a very unique cat! I can leave any sort of meat out in the kitchen, raw or cooked and he wouldn't touch it. Although it would be a different story if it was tuna or prawns lol.
  • WaylayWaylay Member Posts: 949 Pioneering
    @poppy123456 Both my kitties drink from glasses! One will also drink from a running tap. 
    @Waylay we just have to love our pets! my cat will also drink from a running tap.
  • WaylayWaylay Member Posts: 949 Pioneering
    This is Titan. He is not my cat. ;)

Scope community team

Did you intend to attach a photo @Waylay

• mossycowmossycow Member Posts: 495 Pioneering
    We're all allergic to fur and feathers so for us it's fins and scales! 
    This is Charlie about a year ago when he was a youngster. He's a crested gecko. 

We also have fish, aquatic snails and shrimp too. 

It was my childhood dream to have aquariums but when I was more able bodies and working full time I just didn't have time.... So that's a bonus of being at home more! 

Charlie lives ina. Large glass vivarium which is like a jungle in a class tank complete with plants, soil, bugs that process the waste and so on weeks I'm unwell Charlie is very happy in his little bit of jungle hunting crickets and fruit food... And when I am well he is soo cool hanging on to me, jumping just generally being adorable.
    Yup let's are awesome aren't the e!! 

"I'm trying to live like a random poem I read that ended 'to bloom where we are planted"

Scope community team

@mossycow Ahh Charlie is so cute!  Thank you for introducing him to us :)  

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Scope community team

I just wanted to show you all my how my little work colleague Lavender likes to help me  :D  By attacking the wires under my laptop.  

• kittykat55kittykat55 Member Posts: 15 Connected
    i have 6 cats  and a little chihuahua, the cats are called Pix ( black moggie ) Ivan, Bobo, Buddy and Ziggy ( all bengals and complete nutters lol ) plus a Manx that looks just like Bagpuss/Garfield.  I love them all so much and they get me through everything although I need a bigger bed as they all insist on sleeping with me n my hubby

Scope community team

@kittykat55 Wow 6 cats!! What a cute set of names too.  Have they been okay with your Christmas tree?  Every morning I go downstairs mine seem to have pulled down several baubles, plus they like chasing each other around it and trying to eat the lights  :o:D

Scope community team

Oh my - I love Charlie @mossycow

@kittykat55 Wow 6 cats!! What a cute set of names too.  Have they been okay with your Christmas tree?  Every morning I go downstairs mine seem to have pulled down several baubles, plus they like chasing each other around it and trying to eat the lights  :o 
    We don’t dare too have a Christmas tree lol especially as 2 of them are kittens who would just climb the tree. But as our cats are our babies we don’t mind. Having bengals is crazy but we are so lucky to have them especially as the kittens as Ziggy is a silver one and Buddy is a mink one which is quite a rare colour. They are all my little life savers. Ivan even alerts me if my blood sugar gets too low by licking my face 😻😻

Scope community team

Wow, they're stunning @kittykat55! It's amazing that Ivan can do that. I'm sure it must be extremely useful. Is that something he was trained to do? 

• ketokidketokid Member Posts: 32 Listener
    Aww they are so beautiful 
    Wow, they're stunning @kittykat55! It's amazing that Ivan can do that. I'm sure it must be extremely useful. Is that something he was trained to do? 
    Thankyou, we are lucky to have them in our life, they are all brothers too. We got the older ones last year and their baby brothers this year.  Ivan was never trained to notice my sugar levels he just started to do it when he was about 6 months old. At first I didn’t realise that he was doing it until my hubby said about it, he  stopped me from having a nasty hypo a few weeks ago when my levels had dropped to about 3 . You can’t ignore a 19lb cat sat on your chest licking your nose lol, he’s my furry angel 😇 

Scope community team

That's so impressive and handy @kittykat55
    furry angel
    I love this :D 

• SeanchaiSeanchai Member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    hamish gets to close to the TV....but he also gets a good look
  • cupcake88cupcake88 Member Posts: 952 Pioneering
    Seeing all these pictures of every ones pets has made me smile thank you for telling me about your pets how do I upload a pic ? I want to share pics of my dog with you all xx

Scope community team

Hi @cupcake88 :) You can use the 'attach image' icon to select and upload an image. I've attached a photo with the icon circled below, in case that helps. Let me know if you manage with that okay, as I'm always up for seeing some dog pics! 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Listener
    When I was a kid we had 2 Flatcoated Retrievers called Flyss and Ranger, sadly they both passed away years ago.. Then we got a Briard called Becky, she was a nutter! Oh yeah I do also remember a German Shepherd we had called Rebel, we inherited him when my Auntie's husband died as I recall. My other Auntie had a Cocker Spaniel called Bloo, the damn thing hated me because apparently I used to tread on him when I was little because I didn't know he was under foot.

• AlisonNettyAlisonNetty Member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    My Polly is my little baby... she has the run of the house and the biggest share of the bed... she is 11 years old and moans at me at ever opportunity she can ...
    She's black and white. She hates having a comb and dont like it when I deflea her. She has helped me through so much. I stuffer with depression that gets the better of me sometimes.. when I'm thinking of taking my life she's always there for me.... she's  a blessing for the Lord.... 
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,131

Scope community team

Hi @AlisonNetty

I'm glad you have such a lovely pet, but I'm sorry that occasionally you feel like taking your own life. I have dropped you an email from [email protected], I would appreciate it if you could give it a read :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.