Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Is there anyone who's in the Support Group and became self-employed?
Hi, all. Hope you are well. I have complex conditions, ME, type 2 diabetes, PTSD, depression, IBS due to past domestic abuse. I love making art, design, comic drawing, life writing and watch films, reading. Also love cats. I find SCOPE do info on Self-employment. (When I checked a couple of years ago, wasn't. But for long-term sick and disabled self-employment however the scale is worthwhile and empowering. I want to be self-employed designer. But I have no support whatsoever. I am scared of talking to JobCentre, as I'm in Support Group of ESA and may get sanction. Is there anyone who got support and became self-employed?
- 48.3K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 516 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 905 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 577 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.