If money was no object — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If money was no object

66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
edited November 2020 in Coffee lounge
I made a thread before asking what you’d do with a million pounds but (especially these days) that’s still a limited amount...

But, what would you do if money was literally no object?

I would...

- set myself a goal to travel to every single country in the world and spend a decent amount of time in the “real” parts of each one, away from the tourist areas
- have a nice collection of classic and modern cars including a Lamborghini and of course a Mustang
- set up some kind of charitable trust that gives help to people who I think deserve it who aren’t getting help from other sources
- I also think I’d do quirky things like if there was ever a police officer or soldier or NHS employee in front of me in the queue at a supermarket or coffee shop I’d pay for their stuff as a small gesture of thanks

What about you? :)

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    As per the other thread (I wish), if money was no object I would do everything I could to help the homeless which is something that puts this country to shame in the 21st c.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    A very good cause @woodbine :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I would buy a bungalow and take my family on the trip of a lifetime 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    If I was rich by Bank balance as well as by name, I'd buy a Passport and go to all the big Comic Cons in the US with my Family such as San Diego, New York etc, also my sister in law has Family in Portland, Oregon so I'd send her over there for a week or so.

Also, I'd make a BIG donation to the National Autistic Society UK.

I'd also take my Brother's Family and the kids to Euro Disney in France, well with a Million we could afford to go to the one in Florida, en route to the Comic Cons but the French one would be cheaper and nearer lol.

• Rebecca7
    Rebecca7 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    I would like to set up care homes for adults under 55 who have health problems and/or disabilities, and who struggle living alone. There doesn't seem to be much for under 55s. It would great to set up places with lovely gardens and areas for sports/games/music/crafts etc.
  • [Deleted User]
    Rebecca7 said:
    I would like to set up care homes for adults under 55 who have health problems and/or disabilities, and who struggle living alone. There doesn't seem to be much for under 55s. It would great to set up places with lovely gardens and areas for sports/games/music/crafts etc.
    Yeah, both my Parents are in their early 70's, and I'm concerned that if anything happens to them in a few years I'll have to go in a care home, and I'm dreading it! About 18 years ago I went in respite for a week at a place in Woodhouse, hated it and was ringing to come Home after 3 days, all I did was stay in my room playing Xbox! I could've happily done that at Home.

• vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,411 Disability Gamechanger
         I would make a few choice people very happy   :)
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    If  I had enough money I would buy the house I live in from my landlord. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Rebecca7 Thars a great idea

@MrAllen1976 I would always opt for the Florida disneyland there is no comparison to the Paris one. I have been to both and the Paris is a great let down it is really focvused on kids but the Florida one caters for all ages

There are no where as many shows or characters or just things to do if you dont like rides in Paris/ I took my son to Paris when he was about 9 and asked him what he had liked best about the trip. His answer was swimming in the hotel pool ? great I could have just took him to the local pool lol
  • [Deleted User]
    janer1967 said:
    @Rebecca7 Thars a great idea

@MrAllen1976 I would always opt for the Florida disneyland there is no comparison to the Paris one. I have been to both and the Paris is a great let down it is really focvused on kids but the Florida one caters for all ages

There are no where as many shows or characters or just things to do if you dont like rides in Paris/ I took my son to Paris when he was about 9 and asked him what he had liked best about the trip. His answer was swimming in the hotel pool ? great I could have just took him to the local pool lol
    Swimming in the local Pool would've been considerably cheaper as well lol.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.