Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Social Gatherings

csno01csno01 Member Posts: 178 Pioneering
I know it isnt possible at this time, but do this group ever meet up in person and / or organise social events for Members? 

Replies

• MrAllen1976MrAllen1976 Member Posts: 1,326 Pioneering
    Big problem there is the scope (pardon the pun) of members from all over the Country, if they had a meet in say, London, you'd have people from up North complaining about Southern bias.

• janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 6,399 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi i am not too sure about that one of the co-ordinators will know I think they have some sort of annual ball in Sheffield
  • csno01csno01 Member Posts: 178 Pioneering
    Big problem there is the scope (pardon the pun) of members from all over the Country, if they had a meet in say, London, you'd have people from up North complaining about Southern bias.

Or perhaps meets via regions to be more specific. 

janer1967 said:
    Hi i am not too sure about that one of the co-ordinators will know I think they have some sort of annual ball in Sheffield
    Ah ok. 

Thanks for the replies guys. 
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,754 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @csno01! We don't host in-person meetups as far as I know, but I can double check this next week for you. 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
    Hi @csno01! We don't host in-person meetups as far as I know, but I can double check this next week for you. 
    That would be great Tori. Thank you. 
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 2,329 Disability Gamechanger
    It might be fun if something could be arranged, perhaps on a regional basis and very informally?
    @janer1967 if it was a fancy dress Ball I'd be up for it, other than that it'd be too formal, plus I suck at Ballroom dancing lol.

Hi all! I spoke with the team about this, and there aren't currently any plans for us to organise any meetups. That being said, this is something we've discussed in the past as a possibility, so it could be something that happens in some form in the future :) 

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
    Thanks for coming back to me with regards to this Tori. 
    Going back a few years now but an epilepsy forum I was a member of we organised a number of meetings for members in different areas, very informal but quite well supported.
    No problem @csno01, and thanks for letting us know @woodbine. It's good to know that it's worked for other forums! 

• feirfeir Member Posts: 396 Pioneering
    I used to organise socials before i became disabled, you just need a venue. :)
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,107 Pioneering
    What sort of things did you organise @feir? Sounds interesting
    Online Community Coordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
    Once everyone's had the Corona jab, maybe we could all meet up somewhere central, not too far South for us Northern folk, and not too far North for those from down South.
    It makes more sense to organise a number of meetings on a regional level to make it easier and less expensive for people to get to them.
    For us Yorkies, you could have the meet up in Leeds, well according to the BBC Leeds is the centre of all things Yorkshire lol.
  • chiariedschiarieds Community champion Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Leeds is the centre of the country, so centre for all things!!  :)
  • feirfeir Member Posts: 396 Pioneering
    What sort of things did you organise @feir? Sounds interesting

Just local group meets for people using a forums, we all used to chat a lot with each other and wanted to meet up socially and if anyone outside of our 'clique' wanted to come they were welcome too.
    Luckily someone on the forums worked in a pub so offered that venue as a place for us to meet (made sure a section of the pub was reserved for us all, no charge). All i had to do was create a topic with the date and time of when we would be meeting and people could leave their name in that to say if they were interested then the day before i'd message them all with the venue. We keep the venue secret as the forums was public and we didn't want just anyone turning up. But yeah they went ok, i had to give it up when my mobility was affected unfortunately.

Sign in or join us to comment.