Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
devistation regarding PIP and other benefits
I was recently helping a friend who has Vascular Dementia and was not given enough points to gain any award of PIP, Surely people with Dementia have more problems with Daily living activities than (Removed by moderator, not appropriate for community)? This has totally sickened myself with the Benefits system, I myself recently reported a change in circumstances when I notified DWP of a £250,000. win on a Scratchcard that lost myself all income benefits, And to make matters worse having received an extension on my current PIP Award, I have now received review form from PIP and am now pulling out what is left of my hair. How do those in the Know get round such Cases, AS had to go through MR and hard fight for my last PIP award. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
- 52.8K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 697 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 749 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.