PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Pip ended before final award date?

frank96frank96 Member Posts: 38 Connected
Completed FOI request for pip (with the aim to send pip docs as evidence for esa/sdp tribunal) and I noticed that pip was awarded until 01/08/2018 except that claim stopped being paid following a assessment in late 2017 and not until the original award date? 

I’m curious if anybody else has experienced this and/or if the dwp have made an error here?

Furthermore the assessment that lead to my pip claim being disallowed was conducted by a third party organisation, the contents of the report have been lost or destroyed and have not been included in the freedom of information request. Is it possible that when the new pip rules/changes come into effect they could possibly overturn the decision as some activities weren’t awarded points but are now being considered for mental health related disabilities?

Thanks for reading, hope you can help! :)

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 7,206 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome

If you have a review for PIP the decision made from the review will take effect and the previous award will end regardless of the original award end date , so ij your case yes your payments will have ended 

Sorry I don t know the answer to your other question but I hope other members can help  

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Any new decision made on a review will overrule the previous decision. Any changes in PIP descriptors once DWP have looked at your award again they will contact you, there's no timescales for any decision.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.