Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
My partner had a phone call today without any warning from Independent Assessment Services to conduct a reassessment interview. He is Autistic and struggles with using the phone and speaking over it. I phoned them back and they said, without much apology, that it was one of their health professionals and this time offered an appointment for a phone interview this coming Saturday at 2.10 pm. They also advised me I would not be able to speak for him unless I was an appointee. It appears this is a long process and I can't even get through to the DWP to start this process. It just feels to me like they are trying to ambush him and cut him off from support for the process! I have written to our MP in disgust (if that ever actually helps). Do we have any rights around this or can they do what they want?
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.