Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Employer asking for my medical records
I've been off sick for 4 weeks due to 'stress' basically my job is not what they said it would be - they are piling silly little jobs onto me until I can do no more. I asked for adjustments lots of times and nothing happens. This time I said please could we firm up my job description so I know what is peripheral to my role and what is more central so I can prioritise better? They out and out said no I need to be flexible... Now they want me to sign a consent form so they can get my medical records... to me this only feels bad because they have offered me no support based on what I have told them so what on earth do they wants the records for? (FYI I have a brain injury). Has anyone else had this happen to them? What should I do? They are not disability confident employers...
- 48.3K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 515 Education
- 938 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 905 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 576 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.