Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Has anyone fitted a down stairs toilet and did you get any help towards the cost
I struggle to get up the stairs even though i am only 50. I have a serious injury in my shoulder and i have a slipped disc in my neck. Going up the stairs to the toilet is so painful, so a lot of the time i hold it in four around four hours so i don't have to go through the pain. My wife has said about a stair lift but no way am i having one of them in at my age. So, i am just wondering if anyone has fitted a downstairs toilet. The only room we would have is under the stairs which is not very big at all. i did look at an extension but there is no way i could afford that.
In another world i would love to buy a bungalow but we cannot afford it.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 699 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 926 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.