Insurance claim — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Insurance claim

Options
JPW
JPW Community member Posts: 18 Listener
I'm not looking for legal advise as such maybe just direction.
We have a water leak we believe is from the sewer. This has been disputed by the water company for now close to 18 months despite them relining the pipe recently.
All the works they have done has stopped the leak into our property for now but we are left with not knowing the exact cause and a worry the problem is not fixed because they won't accept liability. 100 litres a day was entering this tme last year and after rain fall. There is no other source other than ground water of course but we are buried into a pavement and so the sewer runs right by our house and is 100 years old.
weve had private drainage surveyor say its the sewer and its a combined storm and sewer so explains the rain fall connection.
We need absolute proof to make a claim and put our house right, our insurers wont pay out until the problem is fixed and the sewer is not their problem,
My question is I have appealed via email that there are 2 people forced to live in this situation one with a disability and one a cancer patient and yet it seems no one cares. I have emailed everyone. Ombudsman, offfat, water company, council, everyone and no one really cares. Ive thought about the papers as the bad publicity makes things happen but anxious to make it public yet if it makes something happen then so be it.
Any ideas anyone or direction?

ps I have sought legal advise and direction already via my insurers but they state 'we need to know the exact source of the water'
do i dig up the pavement myself?

Thank you Jason

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.