Housing and independent living
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, my name is KerrieLightwood!

KerrieLightwoodKerrieLightwood Member Posts: 5 Listener
I've been a registered manager of supported living schemes for a long time in the West Midlands and have just recently moved to a new organisation in Burton, I am enjoying being part of a much smaller company who's values are so much more in line with my own than previous national providers. I am developing and  looking forward to opening in the new year a small supported living home for people who are blessed with Autism
Tagged:

Replies

• Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,401 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @KerrieLightwood and welcome to our community!

Congratulations on your move to a new job and company.  It sounds like this will be a better fit for you and I wish you all the best with your plans for the new year :)

Have you had time to have a read of our Autism and Aspergers discussion board yet?  It's a great place to get insight into the lived experiences and issues faced by people with autism.  Make sure to have a nosey when you next have a cuppa tea!

Do you have much planned for Christmas?  I hope you have a brilliant time.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know. 
  • KerrieLightwoodKerrieLightwood Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thank you for that Cher_scope I will go to that discussion board next, glad to be finding my way around
    like most Ill be having a quiet Christmas wishing you all the best too
  • chiariedschiarieds Community champion Posts: 6,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @KerrieLightwood - welcome to the community, & thank you for your great first post. Very pleased to read you're enjoying your current job & that you're helping people with autism. We have so many members with this, or have a child on the autistic spectrum, so it's good news to hear about such help, & something positive in this current climate. :)
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,013 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @KerrieLightwood :) 

Sounds like you do some fantastic work and really enjoy it. Hopefully you have a lovely Christmas.
    Online Community Coordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,747 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @KerrieLightwood :) I hope you had a lovely Christmas!
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
  • KerrieLightwoodKerrieLightwood Member Posts: 5 Listener
    thank you, as a mum of an adult with autism its always a stress fest, we all want a family day but inevitably the pressure is too much and it ends in tears so I have decided that next year just he and I will celebrate elsewhere just the 2 of us
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,747 Disability Gamechanger
    I can imagine that'd be very stressful @KerrieLightwood. I'm sure the two of you would have a nice day celebrating together :) 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 6,143 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

My son and I spent Christmas just us this year mainly due to covid but something I would do again . He doesn't have a disability but it was nice just doing what we wanted 
Sign in or join us to comment.