New Year, new learning? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New Year, new learning?

2»

Comments

• SouthernBelle
    SouthernBelle Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    I have tried knitting and needle craft but I gave up I have plenty to do though I admire people  who can do the sort of thing  you do so well done 
    Im a quilter usually but since my accident i have found it hard to get back too, by the time i have got organised for the day and done all my chores i have so little energy left. I have been wanting to weave for a long time so hoping it will reignite my passion for craft.   

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Hope uour weaving goes well I have heard people talking about blogging so I might look into thst something different 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    It's unlikely I'll be able to do the game design course up at Peaks after all, especially if it's full time as I'd lose my care so my Parents won't let me risk it.

I await an email next week to see if it's part or full time, although they've announced just now that the Colleges don't go back till the 18th of January unless the students' Parents are keyworkers, and both my Parents are retired.

My Nephew and Niece are OK though, my sister in law, their Mum, is a keyworker so they go back next week.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2020
    Students with parents that are keyworkers and students that are vulnerable will also return to college/school on Monday 4th January.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,411 Disability Gamechanger
      @lisathomas50   I looked into doing my law degree on the open university ..at £18.000 I think I'll give it a miss,  :/
  • Lisatho11987777
    Are you on about England in Wales they aren't going back until the 11th but that is being reviewed  but only primary schools 
  • Lisatho11987777
    You can get grants in open University  i have been doing open university for 6 years and all my courses were paid for I have just completed my  law degree phone the open University helpline  or go online you don't have to pay if you get your grants youcgrt the grants for your courses and you also get a grant of 1200 once a year if you need to buy things for your course 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.