PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


kane1994 Member Posts: 55 Connected

Ive seen recently in the news that people who where awarded daily living (standard) from 2016 could have been given the wrong award and do not have to contact DWP as they are going through each individual case. I was on standard daily living from 2016 up until my award changed to enhanced on both components about 9 months ago. Can any body shed any light on this other than what I've read in the news? 

Thank you 


  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Member, Community Co-Production Group Posts: 12,478 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kane1994 - I think you're referring to a ruling made about the 'Engaging with other people' descriptor. The DWP are only looking at awards made from 6 April 2016 - 17 Sept 2020. If your previous award was before 6 April 2016 then the DWP will not be looking at it.
    The only relevance is if it could have made a change to a person's award, i.e. if a potential 2 more points would have meant a person might get awarded the daily living component, of if they should have been awarded the enhanced rate instead of the standard.
    As your current award is already for the enhanced rate, this will not be looked at, it's only if a potential 2 more points 'might' mean a change in an award if you got this on, or after (but not before) 6 April 2016 in your case.
  • kane1994
    kane1994 Member Posts: 55 Connected
    Okay thank you 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.