Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

lesLY1lesLY1 Member Posts: 235 Connected
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF U

Replies

• chiariedschiarieds Community champion Posts: 6,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Happy New Year @lesLY1 - I hope it's a good one for you, & that you find a job. My best wishes
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 6,138 Disability Gamechanger
    Happy new year 
  • lesLY1lesLY1 Member Posts: 235 Connected
  • 66Mustang66Mustang Member Posts: 3,717 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks and same for you :)
  • IgnatiusyorkIgnatiusyork Member Posts: 48 Connected
    Happy New Year to you all :)
    Thanks Igatius
  • GrinchyGrinchy Member Posts: 277 Pioneering
    happy new year to all of you, heres to a better time this year
  • lisathomas50lisathomas50 Member Posts: 1,319 Pioneering
    Happy new year to everyone hope its better than last year where ever you live happy new year leslry 
    Gm Lisa thnks and wish u the same 👍
    Morning lesly1 how are you this morning 
    Hi Lisa am gud the family treating me well hope to b here for long until I giv up
     Don't give up I value  your friendship  I am sure you will be able to sort everything out once you speak  to the  right  people about your situation  and you will get help to get a job

It must be hard for you trying to get everything sorted out  and becsuse you have only been back here a month  I know you live in Wales  you could contact you local mp  they might be able to give you help and guidance   did your sister get help when she came here 😉 

Well I value urs too since u hv been very straight with everything and this applies to all of u in this group but not to forget hv been more involved with Lisa and it's been straight n if not too if anyone thinks different well nothing is meant with bad intent as I hv seen every single one of u very transparent with trying to help each other and wish tat this group always stays strong as a friendly community 
    More imp to realise tat we all go through certain type of  pain and life has to b made easier for us all which I see the govt is really looking forward too in the right way n direction
    Thank you lesly1 that means alot to me  what will you be doing today  I know someone that might  be able to help you  I will be hopefuly speaking to them on  Monday  I dont give out any personal information I ask in general then that person gives me details that I can pass on to you  glad your ok 
    Lesly1 are you ok  your quite today havring fun with your sisters children 
    Yes Lisa was abt to buzz ya one son one daughter the little one very cute n talented so they entertain me all the time
    I dont know if I will be here though for long as just going on with the flow as hv another query 
    As I got my presettled application acknowledged the query is 
    I hv been here in 2020 oct 25 and went to my home place in dec 12 since had to b ter for treatment and complete my surgeries so was stranded saying tat was unable to complete my 6 months period which is considered as one year completion which I hv to for 5 years but the clauses state tat for a valid reason if out of country will b considered as a year so am considering it as a year until I complete another 4 years. But with real present acknowledgement so going with the flow or I hv to reconsider by applying presettled application from today onwards 
    Ah bless that's good  you have had a busy day is it snowing where you are 
    So hope the govt considers it as one year as hv a valid reason 
  • SeanchaiSeanchai Member Posts: 366 Pioneering
    Happy new year to all admin., experts and members ....." Lang may yer lum reek " 👍🙏🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    Hoping my last year is considered as a 6 month which is considered as a year to b eligible for settled or do I hv to re apply 😓
    Anyone pls advice 
    Lisa am in newport no snow 
    Well if you had a valid reason to be out of the country I expect that they would  accept that but  you might have to have evidence to show them  I have someone  who may be able to get the help  you need but I won't be able to speak to them  until Monday  you have to be very careful lesley  if you know who your local mp is he would also  be able to advise you  you can email your local mp  you can also speak to the ones who helped you do all your paper work when you came here

If you think you have to re apply  then speak to the people who deal with the applications  aswel  and ask them if you have  to re apply  aswel  explain the situation and see  what they say some questions I cant answer  myself but I k ow people  who can help and I will pass  the information onto you  I am goi g to speak to someone  on Monday aswel 
    This my only hope Lisa as I cant get an acknowledgement at the moment but only wen I complete 5 years here but saying tat can be here only if I get a job I know all this is so complexed but m just going with the flow and as the rules stated for eligibility  and yes  I do hv my reports of surgeries done on me in feb march dont rem the month but around tat time
    Yes Lisa regarding this it's the resolution centre but what they say is as mentioned in the eu settlement schemes the terms are clear but acknowledgement is done only at the time of applying for settled status this is what they told me as per the 1 year considered if a valid reason
    Thanks Lisa and the group as well for helping out 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 22,187 Disability Gamechanger
    @lesLY1 To be honest, i really do think you should get some expert advice here, rather than rely on an internet forum because it's so complex. Getting some expert advice means you'll be able to tell them exactly what's going on and all of your personal details and they will be able to advise you correctly.

You can use this link and put your postcode in and it will tell you what's available local to you and then choose a topic from the other dropdown box. I know you're in Wales who are currently in a lockdown but there will be advice agencies available through telephone appointments.https://advicelocal.uk/

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    True Poppy but it's all clear really as its mentioned in the eu settlement .uk.gov
    So just going with the flow if it's meant to b. 👍
    Then  my advice at the moment untill I can get clarification for  you is get in touch with the people who deal with the applications tell them the situation and tell them you have evidence  of why you had to leave the country  and take it from there I think that is what you should do first 

You also need to try and find a job does your condition allow you to clean you could get a cleaning job  there are always lots of jobs going for cleaners until you find something else as long as you have something to show that you can work in this country  every one has to do that any way 

First thing Monday morning you need to phone / get in touch  with the people who do the applications thsts the advice I have just been given now he said you might be ok  but you have to check he said czn you let me know as soon S you know  and we can take it from there  he is looking to see who your local mp is  as he said Mrs can be a big help in these situations the rules have changed aswel  that's why you need to get in touchveith them  I will post on here when I know anything more ok lesley 
    Yes Lisa tats right but at the moment the people concerned which is the resolution centre say it's the decision I take but a acknoegennt about the same would b known only at the time of applying settled status after a period of 4 yrs from now as I considered one year already after looking up on the terms as mentioned as a reason of not being ter which says medical grounds n hv valid docs  to prove tat
    You do need professional help as I have said I dont know the answers but I can find out for you  as you said about the resolution  center csnt they advise you  on what to do 
    Then as you just said  you have checked it out  you had a valid reason  and you have the evidence so its best to get it clarified  by a ptoffrdionsl who knows about these things I only have limited knowledge on this subject as I only have helped another person once before  but a different situation  

You must be worried about the situation otherwise you wouldn't be asking  
    Professional  help is what its supposed say mybphone is playing up and amongst all the you need to find a job aswrl 
    Ur right Lisa but the professional help is in the statement itself though it's a twist of worrying but wld b great if ters a way out ter . Ur concerns abt another is really good will just hv to await n see n try my best
    I can only advise you what to do and you know what it says on your statement  I dont  at the end of the day its your choice  my advice would be to seek professional help 

You  also need to find a job  so you also need to concentrate on that aswel  
    Thats good lesly1
    I meant if u had urs 
    Oh sorry yes I have  have you had yours when you worked on the sea what did you have to do 
    I started my career in 1997 .
    Ok to b honest was a bright student but never liked to study or have a white collar or administrative kind of job as had a restless kind of nature into physical activity so soon after I passed out from school joined straight to work after doing hotel management and some others which wasnt my cup of tea as wanted more physical activity so to my stars joined shipping n I loved and enjoyed it for 12/13  years of service and my birth place GOA INDIA even there had many opportunities like being an office and captain but as said never enjoyed tat status so worked as a seaman which includes steering of the ship chipping painting of bulkheads decks etc crane operating on board the vessel spicing mooring wires and a hundred of other duties which I enjoyed there too met with an accident and broke my leg bcos of someone else's miss doing but I never blamed the person just took it as an accident 15 years ago but I never gave up and soon after in 2 years joined back and sailed for those years through the indian manning.where my last company was BRITISH PETROLEUM Then I finally dropped out as had some pain for the heavy work .in 2017 met with this accident with my other leg and hand .in 2015 had come to the uk and worked for m&s for one two months then joined honda on the forklift but again due to my old accident gave up tat too  and here I m now☺
    Oh gosh you have a good working life then  but you know you xant go that anymore as you have said you can't  what  about working on checkouts in a  super market you csn sit down to do that 
    I still dont mind physical activity involved but on the light sided activity 
    I know it sounds strange as my confidence is on physical activity lol handling counters again wldnt want tat 
    You could fo shell filling  or work on the back door in a supermarket 
    That sounds good
    But havent come across such
    My sister wld b fine me being here till m on my feet finding something 
    Nite then to u Lisa and a big thanks n appreciation to u

Its normsly somewhere  like tesco asda morrisons  Iceland thst dort of thing you would need to go on the website  of each one and have a look scope might be able to do job support with you 😀 
    Morning lesley 1 how are you today 😊 
    Am gud hope u slpt fine
    I havent been to bed yet   I had to have the dr out  my legs went a funny colour  and I couldnt move  I am ok now 
    Hows that r u sure u ok
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 22,187 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't know if either of you realise but there is a PM feature on here which will allow you both to private message each other, rather than doing so on the forum. This was others can't see what you're saying. To use it, click on the envelope at the top of the screen and put in the username of the member you wish to PM.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    Thnks Poppy pls send me a message ter if poss 
    I am using  my phone  not a computer  I havent got  an envelope   and lesly1 yes I am ok its part of my  condition  I am truelove 
    Oh god that supised to say  truly  not what that says sorry  my phone has a mind of its own 
    edited January 3
    At the top of the screen where your name appears there's 4 icons and one of them is an open envelope, click on that and another widnow opens. Put in the username of the person you want to PM and then write the message in the larger window. Just like sending an email. When someone replies to you if you have notifications set then you'll receive an email to say someone has messaged you.
    At the top of the screen? Where?
    Sorry never mind.
    In the email? Because when I went to my email, I found the 4 icons on the top and I clicked on the mail icon but it just to me back to my email and nothing happened so am wondering where the 4 icons could be?Which app?
    I got your message  i have replied  we are getting to  old lol are you on a phone or computer 
    We will getctherexin the end lol 
Sign in or join us to comment.