Apples- How much do you eat? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Apples- How much do you eat?

Options
WestHam06
WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
edited January 2021 in Coffee lounge
Hi all, 
          I hope that everyone is well. I know that this is random, but I wondered if I could please ask whether people eat the whole of an apple including the core or do you just eat to the core and then discard of it. I eat the whole of the apple including the core but wonder which is more common. Thank you for taking the time to join in. 

Apples- How much do you eat? 10 votes

I eat the whole of the apple including the core
10% 1 vote
I eat to the the core and then discard of the apple
90% 9 votes
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,629 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't eat apples.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,612 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I discard the core.

Just to add I am against littering like any person but I have always discarded the core in the grass verge or bushes when I eat an apple outside as the wildlife will eat it or it will rot down. (I don’t do this in a town.) I’m wondering if anyone knows for sure whether this is a good idea and I am happy to be proved wrong if someone has a reason for this being a bad idea?
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not a great idea to eat the whole apple including the core.
    Apple seeds contain amygdalin, a substance that releases cyanide into the blood stream when chewed and digested. However, apple seeds in small amounts do not contain enough cyanide to cause harm. However, it is better to spit out seeds to avoid any potential issues.”

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    I should eat more Apples but I'm not really an eater of Fruit in general to be honest, I'm funny like that :(

• WestHam06
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for sharing their thoughts, some really knowledgeable and interesting insights, thank you. Also, thank you @woodbine for helping me to learn how to produce a better poll in the future and I am really sorry for not providing an option and I realise I should have added an option which said 'I don't eat apples'.  I really enjoy learning and developing new skills on the community, thank you. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I eat to the core, then it's gone :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I dont eat apples now but when I did I didnt eat the core 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @WestHam06 Great poll!  I love a Pink lady apple and don't eat the core.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for sharing their experiences, much appreciated :) 
  • WestHam06
    Options
    Thank you so much @Cher_Scope, it's a source of constant debate amongst myself and my siblings, so I thought I'd ask my good friends here on the community so I really appreciate everyone participating. I have also learnt how to better improve a poll if I were to use one in the future, as I said to @woodbine I love learning and developing new skills and knowledge here on the community so thank you :) Though it does look as though the poll is going in my siblings favour  :astonished: I just might not tell them :smiley: Thank you. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.