DWP DP UC MID? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP DP UC MID?

Options
omafrancis
omafrancis Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Hello on Friday i got a payment from DWP DP UC MID, with the exact same amount as i would normally get every 2 weeks, im slightly concerned by this, Friday was a bank holiday, in the description of this payment it says its JSA with my national insurance number, am i thinking right that this is the one-off payment they are giving to people due to covid?, i haven't had anything yet regarding the transfer from ESA to UC, thanks so much. Also im suppose to be due my normal payment tomorrow, will that still happen or not?, wish they would send me a letter about this.. Also i was just re-award PIP via paper based.

Thanks so much for reading.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

One off payment due to Covid? I have no idea what that is because i haven't heard of any payments being made to anyone.

My thoughts are it is very likely your usual ESA money but when you have JSA next to the payment it means that the payment was made manually, not automatically. As you have recently been awarded PIP then this can suspend a benefit payment. Which maybe the reason why it was done manually.

Although with your usual payment being due tomorrow, i have no idea why you would have received that payment early because tomorrow isn't a bank holiday.

It's very unlikely that you would receive another payment tomorrow.

When payments are made early then they don't send letters. Of course to know for certain what the payment was then you will need to ring them to ask.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The "one off" payment was UC which was increased by £20 per week from April 2020 til April 2021.
    We had a CA payment due today which was paid last Thursday, sometimes they do forward pay on Bank holiday weekends, sometimes they don't.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    Options
    woodbine said:
    The "one off" payment was UC which was increased by £20 per week from April 2020 til April 2021.
    Yes but it wasn't really a "one off" payment, it has been a montly payment increase since April. That extra money doesn't apply to those on the old legacy benefits like ESA, as we know.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Correct @poppy123456 i'm still not sure why the £20 couldn't be added to legacy benefits 
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    Options
    I won't disagree with that one!
  • omafrancis
    omafrancis Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Sorry i got totally confused with a news article i read, im thinking now they did suspend payment until they got the decisions, on my pip awards letter they did mention they did look at it for further evidence, thanks anyway everyone and happy new year.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    A new decision on a PIP claim often suspends another benefit payment, as it's something to do with the computer and the information added that there's been a new award. It can also susp[end a housing benefit claim, if you're claiming this too.

Happy new year to you too.
  • loulou27
    loulou27 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Options

Hello on Friday i got a payment from DWP DP UC MID, with the exact same amount as i would normally get every 2 weeks, im slightly concerned by this, Friday was a bank holiday, in the description of this payment it says its JSA with my national insurance number, am i thinking right that this is the one-off payment they are giving to people due to covid?, i haven't had anything yet regarding the transfer from ESA to UC, thanks so much. Also im suppose to be due my normal payment tomorrow, will that still happen or not?, wish they would send me a letter about this.. Also i was just re-award PIP via paper based.

Thanks so much for reading.

I have had the thing happen to me and iv just had a review pip reward so maybe it’s to do with that ?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.