Vaccinating the care workers of 'clinically extremely vulnerable' people. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Vaccinating the care workers of 'clinically extremely vulnerable' people.

Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
This week, Baroness Campbell questioned the parliament and Lord Bethell on when directly employed carers/PA's of clinically extremely vulnerable people will be vaccinated.  You can hear her question, and his response, in this Parliament tv video.

His response was:  
"It is true that care workers are prioritised massively, and those with pre-existing conditions are also prioritised.  We cannot prioritise everyone at once.  And those who are over 80 are at the top of the queue.  But those who work with the vulnerable, and those shielding with pre-existing conditions, are also towards the top of the list and we are working as hard as we can to get vaccines to those people as soon as possible.".

Do you think the government's response is good enough?  Also, do you feel that there is enough understanding about directly employed carers/PA's and the risk they present?

I'd be interested in hearing your views and experiences :)

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I tend to agree this is possibly a forgotten group especially those who are self employed or non paid careers 

my mum who is 83 had her vaccine yesterday same day as the Queen 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    janer1967 said:
    I tend to agree this is possibly a forgotten group especially those who are self employed or non paid careers 

my mum who is 83 had her vaccine yesterday same day as the Queen 
    Ah bless her!  That must come as a relief for you.

I do wonder, like you @janer1967 , if informal carers (and those employed via direct budgets) receive the same level of attention as publicly funded caring staff.  It's a concern that this is perhaps not the case.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.