Pip assessors report — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessors report

Options
lmcarthur
lmcarthur Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi , I applied for pip for the third time the beginning of august , I have never been successful before I had a telephone appointment on the 14th of December , called up last week to ask if a decision had been made which it hadn’t yet but because of this group I knew to ask for  my assessors report which came the next day , according to the report he has marked down that I be awarded for 8 points daily living and 4 for the mobility , I am now wondering if the dwp are likely to award me this based on the assessors report , this is my third time trying and I have never went further than mr but this time I will take all the way to appeal, as usual a lot of lies have been told in the report and things made up and a lot of things I said completely disregarded , 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there the dm normally goes with the report but not in every case 

The 8 points recommended would give you standard daily living if they go with the report 

If you go for mr try concentrate on why you should be awarded against each descriptor and not the assessment report . Give real examples of what happens when you try do a task 

If you keep applying with same info and evidence the outcome will be the same maybe get some advice or help completing the form and the mr if it comes to that 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lmcarthur - welcome to the community. May I ask if you are expecting to have got more points for daily living, mobility or both? Do you have physical or mental health problems, or perhaps both? We may be able to help if you don't mind saying a little, & should you decide to go for a MR. You will have to wait for the decision letter, but it might give you a head start looking at resources beforehand, & everyone here will wish to support you along the way. :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,658 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It seems that at the third attempt you have had a result getting standard daily living, as above the DM usually goes with the assessors recommendations.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @lmcarthur :) Have you had a chance to take a look at the comments above? Give us a shout if you have any further questions.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • lmcarthur
    lmcarthur Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Hi there , thanks everyone for replying, to be honest I was expecting the assessors to really twist and write down what he wanted , I will be happy if dwp award me what the assessors has recommended but this time I am going to ask for a mr and if no change I will take to tribunal , I have suffered from rheumatoid athritis since childhood I am now 38 , also diagnosed with fibromyalgia at 26 and spondyolosis of the spine just before I turned 30 , my feet are in such a mess now with the arthritis I was due an operation to remove the knuckle joints in my toes as my toes are all misshapen and intertwined and i just can’t stand for more than a few minutes at a time the pain in my feet is excruciating,along with the other illness I struggle to do basic daily stuff my hands are misshapen and I can no longer use my left hand , I have not managed for over a year even with help to get in and out the bath told the assessor all this but he has written I bathe daily on my own every day along with a load of other lies that he has made up , I would be here all day filling yous in on everything , he has even written on the report throughout the telephone conversation I sounded as if I was smiling , I don’t know how you sound like you are smiling especially as I was in tears for most of the conversation, my husband was in the room with me while I was having the telephone interview while on speakerphone and he actually recorded it which I know I can’t use but it just makes me so angry the lies he has told 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lmcarthur - & thank you for kindly replying. It often helps if we can understand a little about a person's disability. RA is an awful disorder + fibromyalgia & spondylosis on top. So, it's safe to say that many activities of daily living are difficult, & your mobility is affected too.
    It's more than distressing when assessors are 'inaccurate', & tho many do get awarded PIP, it's a difficult path for others. Now with apologies if you've seen something like this before about the PIP descriptors/activities. Please see: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/Scores-for-PIP-Descriptors-2020.pdf
    Please have a look at the end too. PIP is about the functional problems you have, & it helps to also take onboard the concept of 'reliability,' i.e. can you do any of the descriptors that apply to you safely, to an acceptable standard, as often as would normally be expected, & does it take you longer than someone without your disabilities?
    It's really helpful to give a couple of detailed examples as to the problems you faced (at the time of your assessment), again, for each applicable descriptor. Why was it difficult, what exactly happened when you attempted/did the activity, who witnessed it, how were you left feeling afterwards?
    I know it's hard (I've been through the PIP process myself), but concentrate on where you should have got points, & exactly why, this is what should help you get an appropriate award. If you decide to do a MR, put this in writing giving illustrations such as above. Put your name & National Insurance number on each page. Please come back with any questions. :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.