Endometriosis Awareness- My Story — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Endometriosis Awareness- My Story

Options
endowarrierqueen96
endowarrierqueen96 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
I’m new here. I am a 24 year old female young adult living with this sucky disease. I am certainly happy to share my story. In the middle of two thousand and nineteen I started getting pretty ill. Fast forward many months to last year and I definitely suspected I had it. One of my attacks last April was really bad and left me unable to walk. The pain was that bad on top of things. I have since experienced two more high intensity pain attacks in August and December.
To keep my chronic pain and symptoms at bay I use a combination of pain relief options like a cosy hot water bottle, heating paid, otc pain relief medication, yoga, distraction and deep breathing. My main symptom is foot pain, I have sciatic endometriosis but I know of one other person who has it and she also is at risk of seizures. 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your experience @endowarrierqueen96 :) I'm sorry that endometriosis has caused you so many problems, but hopefully it's a little more manageable now?

Let us know if you want to write a longer post raising awareness of endometriosis, and we can pop it in the Guest Blog categories. There's no pressure at all, but email us on community@scope.org.uk if you're interested!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • endowarrierqueen96
    endowarrierqueen96 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your experience @endowarrierqueen96 :) I'm sorry that endometriosis has caused you so many problems, but hopefully it's a little more manageable now?

Let us know if you want to write a longer post raising awareness of endometriosis, and we can pop it in the Guest Blog categories. There's no pressure at all, but email us on community@scope.org.uk if you're interested!
    Yeah I’m happy to provide more details in a guest post on here. And to answer your other question nah not really although pain relief does help to control the pain. I’ll email you later. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.