Ice cream van — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Ice cream van

66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
A bit of a random one

At this time of year, does anyone else hear ice cream vans around where they live?

I have heard them several times over the past few weeks...surely they can’t sell that many ice creams at this time of year?

Any explanation? :confused:

I did hear a rumour that some ice cream vans diversify into selling illicit substances, not sure how true that is...

Alternatively, could be an ice cream van owner using it as an excuse to go for a drive during lockdown? :D 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

At my old house we had one all year round and they sold other items like drinks crisps snack and cigs and I did suspect drugs as well 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @66Mustang regarding the sales of illegal substance that happens alot in wales  

Some ice cream vans have been selling bread and essential items  to those who can't get out 

Some are just selling ice cream 

In wales some ice cream vans the owners were dressed as father Xmas selling toffee apples ?  and Xmas sweets and father Xmas shaped ice lollies it was nice for the kids 
  • 66Mustang
    Ahh that’s a good idea, selling essential items especially for people who can’t get out to the supermarket. 

Thanks, that didn’t cross my mind :)
  • Lisatho11987777
    @66Mustang this is out of topic but do you know if scope online works when your overseas in another country 
  • 66Mustang
    @lisathomas50 usually sites work all over the world so it doesn’t make a difference. 

I just changed my VPN server to France (it makes the site think I’m connecting from France) and logged in fine so can’t see why it wouldn’t work

If you do ever get a site that doesn’t work abroad you can use a VPN and connect to a British server, then it should work.
  • Lisatho11987777
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    We hear an ice cream van most days but never see it, however she who must be obeyed eats the stuff almost everyday.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I haven't heard or seen an ice cream van around here since the summer...  Even the tap water is a bit cold this time of year so I can't imagine eating ice cream!!  :D

An old acquaintance briefly worked as an assistant on a local ice cream van, he left as soon as he realised it was mainly a front for selling drugs to kids.  :/  
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    I could murder a 99 with a chocolate flake, sprinkles and juice right now  :D  Sadly, we don't tend to have an icecream van come around where I live anytime of the year.  <plays violin>
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    An old acquaintance briefly worked as an assistant on a local ice cream van, he left as soon as he realised it was mainly a front for selling drugs to kids.  

Who knew! Guess I’ve lived a sheltered life. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Lisatho11987777
    @Chloe_Scope You can still buy cornets and fo it your self get a flake and the juice and sprinkles thats what I  do lol ? 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    leeCal said:
    An old acquaintance briefly worked as an assistant on a local ice cream van, he left as soon as he realised it was mainly a front for selling drugs to kids.  

Who knew! Guess I’ve lived a sheltered life. 

we must have lived in the same shelter !  :)
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    @woodbine wish I led a shelterd life lol two icream vans last year trying to buy  an ice cream and the police have done a drugs bust  drugs are rife in wales there was two stalls in the market busted for drugs one was fruit and veg and one was a cake stall  they sell them outside of schools  in schools drugs are nightmare 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.