Hi, my name is lindahendo! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lindahendo!

lindahendo
lindahendo Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I am Linda and new to this.
I am away to phone the PIP Dept for the first time, any advice much appreciated.
I had a stroke end of Oct 19, left with visual disturbance. My peripheral vision has been affected. Im left with a little disturbance to L eye and a Big disturbance to R eye. I can/allowed to drive, I tried back at work (Sept 20) but things got too much and had to leave. I can now cope and put up with everyday living as I have just learned to live with it and it is something you get used to But... Im no use walking in strange uneven places.
I also have short bowel syndrome, I have lived with this for years but this has been affected too.
Has anyone any advice for when I phone?
I am quite nervous to be honest.
Thank you in advance.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.