PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP Claim Denied, how to get it reconsidered successfully?

LittleKittenLittleKitten Member Posts: 27 Listener
My PIP Claim has been denied, but I feel that this is unfair and that I should be getting PIP, how do I go through mandatory reconsideration successfully? 

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 3,764 Disability Gamechanger
    Your best bet is to look at the descriptors where you have scored no points but think you should have, giving examples of when you tired to do it and why you couldn't.
    Have a read of this:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/appeals/mandatory-reconsideration/
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,183 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

For the mr go through each descriptor you feel you should have scored more points and give at least 2 real examples of what happened when you tried to do that task 

Can you do task if not why not , do you need any support or aids to do it,  can you do it safely reliably and repeatedly,  what is the outcome if you try do it

Any relevant evidence like a statement from someone who sees you on a daily basis and possibly make a diary of daily living for a few days 

Good luck let us know how you get on 

Sign in or join us to comment.