Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Accessible walks

veritercveriterc Community champion Posts: 190 Pioneering
Would it be possible to have a simple disc to fix to signposts, showing if a pathway or walk is suitable for wheelchair access? 
Going for walks in the countryside it is often not possible to know if a pathway will be suitable once out of sight.

Replies

• Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,400 Disability Gamechanger
    Sounds like a good idea to me @veriterc

Online Community Coordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 7,276 Disability Gamechanger
    Very good idea you should follow it through and suggest it to the right people 
  • 66Mustang66Mustang Member Posts: 4,289 Disability Gamechanger
    Great idea, alternatively it could be done by volunteers and/or wheelchair users themselves who share the paths that they found accessible?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    I agree, there aren't enough accessible paths in my opinion, and under the Equality Act 2010 I'd have thought that would be a provision of the Act...I'll spare you my long angst filled rant on that topic.

• veritercveriterc Community champion Posts: 190 Pioneering
    I was wondering if we could get little discs or plaques fixed to signs to show they are accessible for wheelchairs.  Does anyone know how much these could cost?  I may be able to get someone to sponsor these, if Scope members could apply for one and get their Parish Council to approve.  What do you think?
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,400 Disability Gamechanger
    I wish I had a suggestion here @veriterc but I have no idea how much that would cost and where you'd go to get it sorted.

Great idea though
    Online Community Coordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • veritercveriterc Community champion Posts: 190 Pioneering
    If people think this a good idea I am sure we can find somewhere to make these.  I just need enough enthusiasm to show a company that it would make them popular, and then I could have enough backing to go ahead.
Sign in or join us to comment.