Hi, my name is kezia42! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is kezia42!

kezia42
kezia42 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited January 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
hello thank you for adding me. I hope to find some advice here and help others if i can. 
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome glad you have joined 

Is there anything specific you want advice on ? 

Have a look around and feel free to join in maybe visit our coffee lounge for general discussions 
  • kezia42
    hI Janer thank you. I was asking about limiting the time I am available for work due to my health problems. I got some replies but from someone not experienced in the subject I am trying to get information on. I have long term mental health problems. adhd autism etc. I always worked part time and claimed Housing only. recently they have changed it to all called Universal Credit. It means they can insist on me applying for more than the usual part time work that I do until I get full time employment. I want to know of anyone who has experienced a similar situation. I dont just want to go and ask tell UC cold as they may stop my benefits. I would appreciate finding out how others have approached this. thank you. I am not working atm due to the virus and I have a sick note for that for now. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

I suggest you report a medical condition on your UC online journal. They will ask for copy of your fit note 

Once you gave been off for more than 28 days your work coach should refer you for a work capability assessment 

You will then get some forms to complete and then have a phone medical assessment 

They will then make a decision about your fitness to work and say you are either fit for work which means you need to look for work 

Or that you have limited capability for work or you have limited capability for work and work related activity 

This can all take several months but some work coaches will switch off your requirement to look for work during this time 

It's a lot to take in so ask any further questions also lots of other posts on here to help 
  • kezia42
    ah ok thank you that is what I needed to know. Thanks again! 

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Welcome to the forums and I hope you enjoy becoming a part of the community. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kezia42 and welcome to the community. I hope the above information has been helpful for you. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • kezia42
    Thank you glad to be here Ross. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kezia42 - & welcome to the community. I'm pleased Jane has been able to advise you above. :)
  • kezia42

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.