Lcwra entitlement — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra entitlement

bigbazz2021
bigbazz2021 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi everyone I started claiming UC in Jan 2020 provided my first fit note lasting three months I have since been handing them in every 3 months since. I had my capabilitie assesment on the phone back in August 2020 they came back with I need a face to face I'm at my wit's end with it. I was awarded pip in Dec 2019 high rate mobility low care I suffer with digenarive disk disease several disks displaced I struggle to walk more than 20 meters.i use a walking stick for Ballance. I also have mental health issues (suicidal thoughts) aggressive behaviour I have sent off every scrap off evidence I can find doctors have said not safe to work I take a lot off medication
Morphine gabapentin mitazapine water tablets vitamin tablets diloxitine paracetamol bladder control medication stomach tablets  I sleep in separate room to my partner I have been awarded the extra room element because of my health I no that all face to face appointment are stopped but is there anything else I could do to speed things up as I have gone from working to benefits and finding it all a bit to much to cope with the money I'm receiving thanks  

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    I'm not fully to grips with UC/LCWRA, however I have read elsewhere on other forums that if they decide you need a face to face assessment you will have to wait for them to start up again and you will need to continue sending in fit notes. I'm not sure if you could challenge the decision for needing a face to face, hopefully someone with more knowledge will come along and comment. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Unfortunately if they have decided you need f2f there is nothing you can do other than wait 

I know this isnt what you want to hear but it is unlikely f2f will start up any time soon 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Hi @bigbazz2021

How are you today?

I'm sorry to hear that waiting for the assessment is causing you  stress, these things have been put on hold at the moment due to the pandemic which is a huge shame for those who prefer face to face. I'm not sure if there's anything you can do to speed the process along, as face to face assessments won't return until it is safe for everyone involved. Have you broached the subject of another phone assessment, to see if there's any way they can allow this for you?

I'm concerned to read about your mental health struggles, in particular that you have suicidal thoughts. We have sent you an email from community@scope.org.uk and it would be great if you could respond to us, but are you receiving support to manage your mental health right now? I also wonder if you are under the care of a social care team and have had a needs assessment?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.