Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Carers element backdate
Hi I’m just wandering if anyone can help. I first applied for UC September 2019. I notified my work coach about caring for someone since the start of my claim. Last week I just realised I could get carers element. I wrote on my journal about this and was told that there was not enough evidence of me caring for someone as my previous work coach failed to verify this. I asked them if I was able to get it backdated from when I reported caring for someone, and they told me that it is going to a decision maker. Does anyone know how long a decision maker could take ? And also know that since I reported I was caring for someone at the start of my claim would I be able to get the carers element backdated? Thanks
- 48.3K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 619 Work and employment
- 516 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 905 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 577 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 819 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.