Lower back pain — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lower back pain

Options
ramone1961
ramone1961 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all and thanks so much for being here.
About 3 weeks ago I had some tightness in my lower back, a few days later I stepped out of the shower and something happened and the pain was 9 out of 10.  Made it upstairs. Seen Chiro 4 times in 3 weeks , I have had 5 massages and no luck. It has got some what better, but still cant walk for more than a few min. When im sitting or sleeping, no pain at all.
Also the pain seems to travel to my glutes , left side more so, I often need to sit down because of the tightness in my glute 
Sharp pain in lower left side of back or tightness of glutes 
I just don't no where to turn next. Im due back to work on Monday but cant see how that will happen with this pain.
Any advice would be great, thanks again for being here.
Cheers
Ramone

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @ramone1961 have you seen your doctor about it  thsts whst I would as you could be causing more damage as you don't know whst has happend  to cause the pain 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

In my own experience it takes lots if chiro sessions before things get better and it often gets worse before it gets better 

My chiro started off with low impact treatment at first so as not to cause more damage and back problems can often take a while to improve 

As suggested contact you gp if you need more time off work they can sign you off 

Hope things get better for you 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @ramone1961 :) Sorry to hear that you've hurt your back, that sounds very painful.

As the others have advised, I'd suggest that you speak to your GP about the pain, as they may be able to prescribe some medication or gentle exercises to help ease the pain. They will also be able to sign you off of work if needs be. Do you have quite a physical job? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.