Hi, I'm vanityfarm! How can I open a bank account without photo id? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm vanityfarm! How can I open a bank account without photo id?

vanityfarm
vanityfarm Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi everyone -has anyone any suggestions how I open a bank account for my daughter who has a learning dissabillity. She has no photo Id 
tried various banks but all want photo Id 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi how old is your daughter ? 

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @vanityfarm hi it is hard these days I opend an account on line for my step son  I found it alot easier I did it for him on barclays on line Lloyd's bank also have the facility aswel  probably other banks have 

If that's any help 

Other people will reply that may have better suggestions  than myself 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @vanityfarm - & welcome to the community. I don't know if this may help you if your daughter has a Blue Badge, as I've used mine with a Building Society, 2 different solicitors, & an estate Agent. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Hi @vanityfarm :) I had a quick look on this Barclays Bank page, and found a list of the proof of identity they will accept: 
    • Passport
    • Driving license
    • EU card and EEA national identity card
    • UK biometric residence permit
    • A benefit entitlement letter less than 12 months old, confirming the benefit payable at the time of issue
    • A UK blue disabled driver’s pass (with photo)
    • A UK Armed Forces identity card
    • An HMRC tax notification dated within 12 months
    • A Home Office immigration status document or application registration card
    • A valid Northern Ireland voter's card
    • An introduction from a parent or guardian who banks with us
    • A Young Scot National Entitlement Card (only for applicants under 18)
    I know some of these might not be relevant to you and your daughter, but does she have any of these? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Hello @vanityfarm and welcome to our community.  It's lovely to meet you.

Firstly, as not to confuse you - I've tweaked the title of your post so others can spot it and offer help where they can.  And I've also moved it over to our Finances and extra costs discussion board. 

This is a tricky situation and I'm sorry it isn't more straight forward.  Have you discussed your individual circumstances with the banks you've approached?  And if so, what was their response?  Maybe given the details they could accept alternative forms of id.

You might also benefit from speaking with the team at the Money Advice Service.  They have a free independent helpline, of which you can find details at the bottom of this webpage.  

Please let us know how you get on and good luck :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • vanityfarm
    Thankyou so much for your reply’s my daughter has a blue badge so will try this?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Here's hoping @vanityfarm - I'm hoping if my Building Society accepted this (+ solicitors, etc) it may prove helpful. They didn't hesitate to accept this as a form of photo ID. Please would you kindly let us know how you get on, as this may help other members, thank you. :)
  • vanityfarm
    Thankyou for all your help
    my daughter is 38 and she does have a blue badge so will try this

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.