UC pays NI credits for me, but when I checked NIC records online it shows that year as 'Not Full'? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

UC pays NI credits for me, but when I checked NIC records online it shows that year as 'Not Full'?

Nader Member Posts: 51 Courageous
edited January 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi all
I know that UC pays NI credits for me. I have been claiming UC from 1st April 2019, but when I have checked my NIC records online it shows that year as 'Not Full'. ie, no credits have been paid. 

Could someone advise on this please? Is there a problem here that I need to inquire about?

Thanks in advance for your help


  • calcotti
    calcotti Member Posts: 5,827 Disability Gamechanger
    If you are referring to the 2019-2020 tax year you would expect that to show as full if you have received UC throughout. The only way to find out what is happening is to contact HMRC (who may however refer you back to DWP).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Nader
    Nader Member Posts: 51 Courageous
    Thanks very much for that. Yes, tax year 2019-20; I neglected to mention that! 
    Okay, I'll chase that up. Thanks again.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,596 Scope online community team
    How have you gotten on @Nader
    Community Manager

    Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.
  • Nader
    Nader Member Posts: 51 Courageous

    Hi @Adrian_Scope
    I trust you are well?
    If you mean regarding the pension contribution, I haven't as yet been able to get through to the Future Pensions Service line. I'll keep trying though.
    My wife receives Carers Allowance, and her 2019-20 NI year is full. So I'm really not sure what could be going on with mine. But I have six years to have that year made full; so I'm not panicking. I'll keep at it.

    However, if you mean how I've gotten on generally, I guess I can only describe it as 'plodding on' through what seemed like a blank year 2020. 

    How about you?


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.