Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
My partner and I now both receive PIP. Will the DWP have to backdate payments for SDP?
In 2018 the dwp awarded me 0 points for daily care and mobility although i was previously on enhanced rate for care and standard for mobilty, i asked for a mandatory reconsideration and they awarded me enhanced rate for mobility but still 0 points for care. Because i suffer with both mental health as well as mobilty, i accepted their decision because i was afraid to go to tribunal. Because i lost the care element my partner and i lost the severe disability premium. At my last assessment in dec 2019 they dropped my mobility to standard rate, and still 0 points for daily living/care. I asked for a MR and they didnt change their decision, this time because i was told about a benefit advice shop that would help with a tribunal i decided enough was enough and asked for it to go to tribunal. I have just recieved the tribunal decision, the tribunal was on Jan 22nd. The tribunal came to a unanimous decision and awarded me Enhanced rate for daily living, and enhanced rate for mobility, it states for an indefinite period. Because my partner is still in receipt of pip, gets daily living and mobility, and because i have now been awarded both, will the dwp have to pay me, and backdate payments for severe disability premium? if so, they would owe me this from january 2020. We also receive esa (support group)Can somebody please put me right on this. Thank you
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 577 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.