GREEN NETWORK ENERGY CEASED TRADING... — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

GREEN NETWORK ENERGY CEASED TRADING...

Options
charlie79
charlie79 Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
I joined Green Energy Network in June 2020 after Martin Lewis show advised energy prices were rising and to lock in a tariff with energy deals,
I joined Green Network Energy with a fixed tariff for a year on gas and electric payment by Direct Debit. My energy bills were cheaper instantly.
Unfortunately I found out they had ceased trading Monday on the Tv show Martin Lewis once again. We are waiting for Ofgem to move us to another energy company and have been advised not to switch before this is done as it could complicate things.
The problem is I applied for WHD and meet all the requirements and this has not been honoured as it said application was still being processed on there website. I took a screen shot of this on website when applied.
I looked on the website today and any information of application has been taken off my account on website.
The staff have no knowledge and say they only found Monday themselves when came into work that the company had stopped trading.
I cant call DWP as the only number is for the core group and I am in the broader group. I have been putting my heating on more as temp has been really cold because I thought the WHD would cover extra expense.
I am completely housebound so I am unable to visit any organisations and covid has limited support services

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,658 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    i think the best you can hope for is that when ofgem do move you to another supplier that they will honour the WHD, but ai have this horrible feeling that whoever it is might have used up their funds for the broader group already for 2020/21. Have you considered contacting ofgem and asking them?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.