How long to hear about review? If you don't get awarded, do you still get paid if you've put in MR? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long to hear about review? If you don't get awarded, do you still get paid if you've put in MR?

Carlbenn_88
Carlbenn_88 Community member Posts: 40 Listener
edited February 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone. I'm new to this, heard so many good reviews about scope to thought I would give it a try! 

So, I have just sent my award review off today as it's due in 10 days time does anyone no how long the turn around time is? I contacted pip and the lady said your looking at longer than 8-10 weeks time. just like others input. I have treated it like a brand new claim. If you don't get awarded it do they still pay you if you have put a MR in? thank you so much everyone in helping me with any of my queries. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there glad you have joined 

Turn around time is like how long I'd a piece of string depends on backlogs in your area 

Once you have a decision on your review that new decision will be put in place regardless of if you put in mr 

So if you are awarded standard fir example that is what you will be paid until mr decision  is made if you are trying for a higher award 

If you get no award your PIP will stop if mr is successful you will then get paid again if unsuccessful at mr and go on to tribunal again your award wont change until tribunal decision is made 

Hope you understand what I am saying 
  • Carlbenn_88
    Hi @janer1967 thank you so much for your reply. that makes perfect sense! fingers crossed! I have a very strong case anyway. my doctor and mental health team has asked if they will conduct a paper based assessment as I am suicidal and cut myself a lot so it would cause me distress if I have to have a telephone assessment. someone from capita received a letter from my mental health team and they said there going to give me a paper based assessment due to the serious nature of the letter " so I'm very happy. didn't think they would take that into account but they have! does that surprise you? I'm full of questions I do apologise talk too much my mum says ! 
  • janer1967
    It doesn't surprise me I had paper based for my last review even tho I didnt request it I was very surprised 
    But the DM rang me just to ask a few questions and then made on spot decision and awarded me enhanced for both 
    I have physical disabilities 

The DM said there was enough evidence to award from my review form and evidence and my last assessment no point in doing an assessment again 

Fingers crossed for you and hopefully if you dont need assessment it wont take as long for decision 

Let us know how you get on 
  • Carlbenn_88
    Thanks @janer1967 I will let you no how I get on. fingers crossed. does the DM always call to ask questions? Once the award review gets sent off does the DM look at it or just sends it over to the HCP? thanks for you input it's much appreciated. wonderful site this is!
  • janer1967
    The DM does not always call just depends if they need anymore info to make decision 

I'm not sure if they send it to hcp I think they do as DWP dont have any medical background 

I think hcp does paper based report that goes to DM at DWP to then make decision but I'm not 100% sure 

I hope others can clarify this for you 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Carlbenn_88 - & welcome to the community. You partially answered your own question, as you said someone from Capita said they were going to do a paper-based assessment. After that, just as after a phone assessment, it would go to a Decision Maker at the DWP. Hope all goes well. :)
  • Carlbenn_88
    @chiarieds @janer1967 my award review forms have been sent off a few days ago. So fingers crossed. I've treated it like a new claim. hopefully soon will get a letter from them to see what's going on. I no on other forums people have waited up to 10 weeks just to get a letter , we will see. so least I'm still getting paid till I find out "
  • janer1967
    Ok glad you have sent them off just waiting game now 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hopefully all goes well. As Jane says, it's a waiting game now. :)
  • Carlbenn_88
    @janer1967 @chiarieds hopefully in the next few weeks I will get a letter. and I hope the DM can make a decision on the information they receive. I will keep you all posted though. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.