CHC — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


pippiponk Member Posts: 1 Listener
My grandfather has just been granted CHC funding for residential care home. I am wondering what happens now with the following, PIP - he gets Highest rate of both mobility and care, also ESA (I will be contacting them tomorrow to explain the change of circumstances) as Grandad has gone to permanent residential care. 
He is 55 years old (I know young but very ill) I am wondering will the mobility element end? As grandad likes to go out for long drives and we have a van which his wheelchair just pushes on to. Obviously without this mobility money the van would be way too costly etc and I am just trying to work things out in advance. He is only young so I don’t want him confined to a room but at the same token realise he needs a high level of care
Thanks in advance 



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.