Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Research Opportunity for Autistic Adults
Hi there! I am a graduate student at the University of California, Santa Barbara, and I, along with a team of autistic and non-autistic researchers, am working on a study regarding autistic individuals' perspectives on intervention/education. Below are details of the study and a link to the survey. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Often intervention and education for autistic children is designed and implemented without any input from autistic individuals themselves. This is why researchers in the Department of Education at UC Santa Barbara are recruiting autistic adults to participate in a study in which they will be asked to give feedback on different aspects of common intervention programs for autistic children. The study consists of an online survey that will take approximately 20-45 minutes to complete. The survey includes five short video clips of young children participating in intervention and a list of statements about common intervention goals and strategies. Participants will be asked to provide their opinions about these items. The videos might make some participants feel anxious, distressed, or frustrated. If this is the case, participants can choose to stop participating at any point during the study.
Potential participants must be autistic (formally- or self-diagnosed) and be at least 18 years old. Non-US participants are welcome!
If interested, please visit this website.
For questions, please contact graduate student researcher Rachel Schuck at [email protected]
- 55.2K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 837 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 302 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 268 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 704 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 772 Autism and neurodiversity
- 951 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments