Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Struggling with lock down

lottie2007lottie2007 Member Posts: 39 Connected
edited February 5 in Coffee lounge
Good evening 
nit coping very well my son an grandson have COVID which is really worrying 
I’m so frightened to go out do not moving at all so not doing me any good I hope everyone else is staying safe and coping 
Tagged:

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 7,392 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lottie2007 I am sorry to hear your family members have covid and wish them a speedy recovery 

Lockdown is hard and hopefully we will see if come to an end 

Have you had your vaccine yet 
  • lottie2007lottie2007 Member Posts: 39 Connected
    No not yet still waiting but some good news we just heard out daughter is expecting a baby girl in July so something to look forward to 
    how do you cope with lockdown my knitting is my life line 
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 7,392 Disability Gamechanger
    Tbh it isn't a lot different for me as I dont really go out a lot anyway 

I go food shopping once a week 

Before lockdown would go out occasionally to town cinema or fir meal bit I cant go out alone so rely on my teenage son going with me 
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,455 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations to your daughter on the baby @lottie2007:) 

However I'm sorry to read you aren't coping with the lockdown, it has been a hard time for so many people and hopefully it will be over soon.

I hope your son and grandson make a speedy recovery, have they spoken with their GP about how best to look after themselves at the moment with them having the virus? There will also be useful information online for this.

What are you knitting at the moment?

Stay safe :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Community Team Posts: 3,210 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lottie2007 :) I just wanted to check to see how you were getting on today? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 2,947 Disability Gamechanger
    @lottie2007 this 3rd lockdown seems harder than the first two and i'm sorry you have two people with the virus, but a new baby on the way..wow congrats something to look forward to
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • lottie2007lottie2007 Member Posts: 39 Connected
    Hi yep I. Think it’s harder because can’t get out in the garden at least we had the sun but it is getting lighter at nite. 
    I just wish I could go out and not be afraid I can’t explain how I feel 
    I hope you keeping well 
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,455 Disability Gamechanger
    Although I can't understand fully how you feel @lottie2007, I can empathise with your statements. 

I've missed being able to go out and whenever I have to there's always an element of caution, which sometimes crosses into anxiousness, because I struggle to socially distance due to my visual impairment. It has been a hard year for so many people and I hope for you that soon we will be able to go out without fear, and the weather will be nice and warm so you can sit out :) 

Online Community Coordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • 11190821119082 Member - under moderation Posts: 269 Courageous
    edited February 7
    Yes Lockdown is  really hard  and If we are all a untied nation than we can help others to overcome their barriers and  their challenges. I do go through a visual impairment as I know what these young people are facing with fear or worried about being  in a current lockdown.  
    edited February 8
    Hi there,
    My name is Masuma 
    *(second name removed by moderator to protect user identity)
    Lockdown is very hard. 
    Not seeing my friends at College 
    Lockdown has affected my mental health.
    I have got a visual impairment.
  • lisathomas50lisathomas50 Member Posts: 3,101 Pioneering
    You are on two different discussions  I am talking to you on the other thread don't  understand stand ehyvno one else is replying 
  • lisathomas50lisathomas50 Member Posts: 3,101 Pioneering
    Its fine I would expect others to answer you lol 😆  no worries 
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,945 Scope community team
    Hi @1119082. How are you today? It must be very strange not mixing with your college class, are you able to stay in touch with any of your friends while in lockdown?
    I'm sorry to read it has been impacting your mental health. Do your family, friends or GP know you are struggling?
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
Sign in or join us to comment.