Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Mum, Dad and I are getting our first Coronavirus vaccine jabs tomorrow morning!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
edited February 4 in Coffee lounge
Above.

Perfect timing as with luck there's a couple of events coming up in March that I'd like to attend.

Anyone else got their date yet? Or have you already had the first and/or even second ones?

Replies

• vikingqueenvikingqueen Member Posts: 260 Pioneering
           I've got mine on Monday but my 2nd one isn't till the end of April 
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 3,002 Disability Gamechanger
    Senior management gets hers tomorrow and the second dose on 23rd April, but the advice is that you still need to follow all the rules inc. wearing a mask and social distancing and staying at home.
     It seems very unlikely that any events will be taking place in March i'm afraid as according to todays news we could still be in full or partial lockdown until April.
    Whilst as of today 10.5 million people have had their first jab around 57 million haven't so whilst it's been a huge achievement there's a long long way to go.
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • MarkN88MarkN88 Member Posts: 455 Pioneering
    Yeah I don’t expect events to be running in March either to be fair. 
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,795 Disability Gamechanger
    That's great news, thanks for telling us @MrAllen1976 :) I hope it goes well for you all.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know. 
  • SwatteamSwatteam Member Posts: 152 Courageous
    @MrAllen1976 I wish not heard a peep about mine yet but glad to hear your family are getting it soon .
  • CressidaCressida Member Posts: 699 Pioneering
    @MrAllen1976 mine's booked for next Wednesday. I cannot wait! 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    That's great news, thanks for telling us @MrAllen1976 :) I hope it goes well for you all.
    Cheers, it was all pretty painless, in and out in seconds up at the Church in Crosspool.. I know it well because a long long time ago I trained up there in Karate.

• deb74deb74 Member Posts: 689 Pioneering
    Not had mine yet but I should be getting it some time between the end of February and end of March.
    @deb74 not had mine yet either . Will do in time.
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 7,457 Disability Gamechanger
    Not had mine yet 
    Did get a letter yesterday telling me I would get an appointment soon through my gp 

What a waste of money from the NHS a 2 page letter just to say i would be contacted 

I know nhs have and are amazing but sometimes I do question their practices and management 
    @janer1967 I know hat you mean about the nhs  when they have technology to send text  waste of money paperwork etc  my hospital nhs doesn't use paper they send me an email to tell me about receiving a phone call appointment. 
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 7,457 Disability Gamechanger
    Again it's the consistency and that's down to management of the whole nhs all hospitals   hps  etc should use same methods of communication 

I get appointment letters, after often making the appt by phone   then get letter  then get text reminder , have to book transport which currently is like trying to get bloodout of stone despite having needing if for every appt for the last 3 years 

• woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 3,002 Disability Gamechanger
    senior management had her first jab on fri. and will get her second same place same time on 23/4, it was all quite simple really a week ago got a text with a link to make the appt. took all of 5 minutes, when she turned up for the jab she was in and out in 5 minutes.
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
    @janer1967 i get emails which I can print off to let me know etc get a text reminder from the nhs, I only get paper letters when I've spoke to the consultant dealing with my op. Must be different areas use different communication methods, 
  • 11190821119082 Member - under moderation Posts: 269 Courageous
    Yes it is so important to keep ourselves and others around us safe too. 
Sign in or join us to comment.