Mum, Dad and I are getting our first Coronavirus vaccine jabs tomorrow morning! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mum, Dad and I are getting our first Coronavirus vaccine jabs tomorrow morning!

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
edited February 2021 in Coffee lounge
Above.

Perfect timing as with luck there's a couple of events coming up in March that I'd like to attend.

Anyone else got their date yet? Or have you already had the first and/or even second ones?

Tagged:

Comments

• vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,432 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
           I've got mine on Monday but my 2nd one isn't till the end of April 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,624 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Senior management gets hers tomorrow and the second dose on 23rd April, but the advice is that you still need to follow all the rules inc. wearing a mask and social distancing and staying at home.
     It seems very unlikely that any events will be taking place in March i'm afraid as according to todays news we could still be in full or partial lockdown until April.
    Whilst as of today 10.5 million people have had their first jab around 57 million haven't so whilst it's been a huge achievement there's a long long way to go.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Yeah I don’t expect events to be running in March either to be fair. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great news, thanks for telling us @MrAllen1976 :) I hope it goes well for you all.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Swatteam
    Swatteam Community member Posts: 175 Pioneering
    Options
    @MrAllen1976 I wish not heard a peep about mine yet but glad to hear your family are getting it soon .
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,016 Pioneering
    Options
    @MrAllen1976 mine's booked for next Wednesday. I cannot wait! 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    That's great news, thanks for telling us @MrAllen1976 :) I hope it goes well for you all.
    Cheers, it was all pretty painless, in and out in seconds up at the Church in Crosspool.. I know it well because a long long time ago I trained up there in Karate.

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Options
    Not had mine yet but I should be getting it some time between the end of February and end of March.
  • Swatteam
    Options
    @deb74 not had mine yet either . Will do in time.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not had mine yet 
    Did get a letter yesterday telling me I would get an appointment soon through my gp 

What a waste of money from the NHS a 2 page letter just to say i would be contacted 

I know nhs have and are amazing but sometimes I do question their practices and management 
  • Swatteam
    Options
    @janer1967 I know hat you mean about the nhs  when they have technology to send text  waste of money paperwork etc  my hospital nhs doesn't use paper they send me an email to tell me about receiving a phone call appointment. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Again it's the consistency and that's down to management of the whole nhs all hospitals   hps  etc should use same methods of communication 

I get appointment letters, after often making the appt by phone   then get letter  then get text reminder , have to book transport which currently is like trying to get bloodout of stone despite having needing if for every appt for the last 3 years 

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,624 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    senior management had her first jab on fri. and will get her second same place same time on 23/4, it was all quite simple really a week ago got a text with a link to make the appt. took all of 5 minutes, when she turned up for the jab she was in and out in 5 minutes.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Swatteam
    Options
    @janer1967 i get emails which I can print off to let me know etc get a text reminder from the nhs, I only get paper letters when I've spoke to the consultant dealing with my op. Must be different areas use different communication methods, 
  • Swatteam
    Options
    1119082 Posts: 258 Courageous
    Options
    Yes it is so important to keep ourselves and others around us safe too. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.