UC Journal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC Journal

MissB
MissB Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited April 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello everyone :)
I had a Journal message from UC wanting to know about change in circumstances.........being the honest god fearing person I am I replied trying to let them know the only change to my health was that my medication dose has been increased. There were no options for this so I ticked the "non of the above apply" owtte. I clicked 'next' and got a message saying because of my change in circumstances I might be sanctioned. I have been sending in Fit Notes since May 2020 and still no closer to getting a capability for work assessment. Now I feel I have messed everything up! Are they really going to sanction me? I put a quick note on the Journal to my Work Coach explaining the only change I wanted to report was to my medication and I was sorry for any misunderstanding..
I have early dementia and I get really flustered and confused because of it and to me change of circumstances includes everything even my medication. Due to lockdown Tier 4 I don't even get to see family to help with these things. My daughter helped me to claim UC in the beginning but now I am alone.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @MissB, hello and welcome, this is all to me as well having to claim UC with my wife as a joint claim. Did you get a reply response from your work coach? I am sure your explanation of your mistakes where noted and no sanction has been made or applied as yet so check your journal daily, I know they send an email to look at your journal action required. So keep a regular check as the online system is not able to cope or manage every irregularities of the different claims that are presented to the system. On the application form there is nothing to note that you are medically retired. Keep posting if you need help or advice.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Im not sure I would see a change in dose of your meds as a change in circumstance, however to put your mind at rest I would phone them tomorrow if you can.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• MissB
    Thank you wilko for your response. 
    What did you mean when you said, "On the application form there is nothing to note that you are medically retired."
  • MissB
    Thank you woodbine for your response. I am pleased to say that this issue was resolved and I was not sanctioned.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @MissB Thanks for coming back to update us, I'm glad it all worked out well :) 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • MissB
    Thank you Cher_Scope x

The only thing is I am still waiting for a Work capability assessment. DWP acknowledge they have received the UC50 form August 11 2020. I had already been claiming UC from 6th May 2020 and have submitted Fit Notes throughout. I know there are delays due to the pandemic but this is a very long time.  :'(
  • Lozzy55
    Lozzy55 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    I had a work capacity assessment the assessor was awful he never listened to me he lied so I was turned down for capacity for work I have mobility issues I use a walking aid all the time I was told I am fit for work
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Lozzy55 have you appealed 

I was found fit for work I am wheelchair bound and at the time housebound I apiealed and went to tribunal and won the case 

The criteria for WCA mobility is very strict and not fit for purpose in my view but we have to go by the rules set 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.