Mental health issues
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Feeling like I’m relapsing again not coping well

cupcake88cupcake88 Member Posts: 874 Pioneering
Hi every one 

Its started snowing in my area I have been dreading snow for months . Snow /ice triggers bad memories for my self . As soon as I see snow my ptsd is triggered even seeing it on telly makes me really I’ll . It could be the tiniest amount of snow and my ptsd is triggered . I can see it snowing outside it’s not settling but I’m in a massive panic . 

I have spoken to the crisis team today and there gonna get my nurse to call me tomorrow . I feel like I’m relapsing again the voices in my head are getting louder and I can see the devil again he’s out side my window in my garden my partner said there’s nothing there but I see the horned creature I’m very scared . I just took a diazepam on top of my other medications and still feel panicked . 

I’m trying to distract my self so I have come on here but I’m looking out the window and it’s still there . 

Replies

• lisathomas50lisathomas50 Member Posts: 3,843 Disability Gamechanger
    @cupcake88 shut your curtains  try and relax  tell me about nice things you have done in  your life  have you  done interesting things what do you like doing 🙂 
  • cupcake88cupcake88 Member Posts: 874 Pioneering
    My partner is on the phone to the crisis team again as he said he’s worried bout me but I just can’t stop looking outside I’m scared . 
    @cupcake88 try not to look out the window  sit down take deep breaths in and out  try to forget about outside its ok no one is going to hurt you 
    @cupcake88 dint be scared your partner is eith you and he is trying to get you help 
    Yes my partner is amazing he can’t see what I can see I’m feeling very anxious . The crisis team are comming out to see me I think I’m not well again . 
    @cupcake88 thats good that your partner is good and someone is comeing out  your going to be ok  your safe and uour inside  try and sit down and stay calm and think of good things 
  • chiariedschiarieds Member Posts: 7,968 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh, my dear friend, please take comfort in the fact your partner appreciates your concerns, & will do his utmost to help. Try not to be scared; the past is the past, & you really can look forward to a better future with your loving partner. He's your rock, & will always there for you, as are your friends here.
    @cupcake88 I know your scared  but its not realy happening  its gone its in the past  try and put goid thoughts in your head and breath in and out  help is comeing and your partner is there 
    @cupcake88 I know what is like I have been there  and belive me its not real its your past  it can't hurt you now  your in a different place now  try to push it away 
    The crisis team are on there way and my partner is here . I’ll keep every one updated I’m just really not so good at the moment . 
     @cupcake88 thats fine  take care  and thst will be good to know how you are thinking of you
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 3,749 Disability Gamechanger
    @cupcake88 hopefully the diazepam will start to kick in, I know when i'm given it for my worst seizures it sends me to sleep. We are all thinking of you and hope you feel better tomorrow. John x
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • CressidaCressida Member Posts: 779 Pioneering
    @cupcake88 I hope you feel better today, I have been thinking about since reading your post. I hope the crisis team can help. Despite your own issues you are so caring and thoughtful towards others. Take care. 

• CressCress Member Posts: 498 Pioneering
    Sending you my best wishes....
    Hope you get the help you need and get back on track.
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Member Posts: 7,445 Disability Gamechanger
    Sending you lots of love and hugs @cupcake88
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 3,161

Scope community team

Hope you're doing okay @cupcake88

We all send you best wishes. 
    Online Community Coordinator

Find out more about, and apply for, the Community Co-production Group.

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
    Hi every one thanks for your kind words , the crisis team decided I wasn’t poorly enough for hospital but not well enough to be just under my community team . They feel I need to go  back under the home based treatment team where they can come out to me a few times a day or constantly call me so sort of hospital from home I feel like this is going back wards . 

I was given a injection to calm me down and to help with my voices and with seeing things . I feel really exhausted but wanted to let you all know how iam . 

I haven’t been taking my medication properly so I’ll be having anti pychotic meds in injection form every 4 weeks which has upset me as I’m going backwards they no longer trust me to take my medication . 

I’m feeling really tiered I’ll be back on soon just wanted to update you all . Thanks for the kind words . I’m really not so well at the moment I’ll be back on soon x 
    @cupcake88 take the time to get better glad your getting the help you need 
    Take care 🙂 
    Pleased to hear from you @cupcake88 - thank you for getting back in touch, even tho you feel so poorly. I'm sure you know we've all been thinking about you. I'm pleased you will get help, but can still stay at home, as I'm sure your partner is, & he will be there for you too.
    Don't think of it as a backwards step, but just one you need right now to help you move forward again. Just take time to look after yourself for now, & rest. :)
    @cupcake88 great to hear you are getting some help, it's desperately important to take your meds properly, I take over 30 tablets a day and I know how easy it can be to forget sometimes, luckily I have senior management to supervise me.
    Take care John x
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 3,161

Scope community team

Thank you for the update @cupcake88

You have our full support and I wish you the very best. Hopefully the changes benefit you in the short-term and you will be able to get back on the path towards where you want to be :) 

Online Community Coordinator

Find out more about, and apply for, the Community Co-production Group.

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • CressidaCressida Member Posts: 779 Pioneering
    @cupcake88 thank you for updating us. I hope your team can make you feel a little better soon. 

Hi every one I feel like I’m able to fully reply to every one now . As I’m having a good afternoon . I’m feeling rather sleepy as I’m very much dosed up on medication . I had a nurse come and see me today and she’s comming back this afternoon to see me . 

I’m feeling rather dosed up and sedated if that makes sense . They have still decided I can stay at home and have community mental health and home based treatment support instead of being on a locked ward as they feel that will make me worse being on a locked ward and they feel I’ll be ok to stay at home and be visited by staff and be medicated . 

I’m not seeing any horned devil like creatures today which is good and not hearing any voices today which is good .

I have been resting and eating loads of food.   Thank you for all your thoughtful and kind messages thanks for thinking of me thanks for your concern and caring messages it means so much to me xxx
  • leeCalleeCal Member Posts: 3,366 Disability Gamechanger
    Sounds good @cupcake88, have a relaxing afternoon. 🙂
    Pleased to read you're having a good afternoon @cupcake88 - you mean a lot to many people here, so carry on resting when you need to, & eating well. :)
    So glad you are feeling a little bit better and continue to get the help and support you need, stay strong we are all thinking of you @cupcake88
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,159 Disability Gamechanger
    @cupcake88 so sorry about how you have been feeling I have only just seen your thread as I haven't been around much myself last few days 

I'm glad you are getting some help and tend to agree you are better off at home but its good they are visiting often 

You really need to take your meds correctly as they are there to help prevent you having relapses can you set up reminders on your phone 

Thinking about you and glad you are having a better afternoon 

You know you can pm me anytime 
Sign in or join us to comment.