PIP Assessment - Independent Assessment Services — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessment - Independent Assessment Services

Options
naila_007
naila_007 Community member Posts: 37 Connected
edited February 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi Everyone,
I havent had my date through for my PIP assessment but i do know the assessors will be IAS - I called the PIP and they gave me the number. I was just a bit worried the letter getting lost in the post even though they have my mobile number too. I spoke to a lovely guy who did say there is a possibility i may not even need one depending on answers and evidence provided.  But just in case i do - what type of questions will I be asked and what sort of preparation do i need to do.  A friend of mine did apply after me and has her assessment date for this week.
Reading some of the threads its like you got to prepare for a sort of presentation with Q&A's.  Any help much appreciated.
Cheers,
Naila

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,655 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Basically the telephone assessment will be the assessor asking you a number of questions so they can get a clear picture of how your care and/or mobility issues affect you on a day to day basis, they will then write a report for the DWP with their recomenations for an award, or not to award, which will then be considered by a DWP DM.
    If you made a copy of your application its always a good idea to read through it a number of times before the assessment.
    They will probably contact you by phone to tell you when the assessment will take place.
    It is possible that the award will be made without an assessment depending on the quality of your application and how much relevant and recent evidence you supplied.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• ASDIBS
    ASDIBS Community member Posts: 72 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @naila_007

My son's assessment was carried out by Capita and they asked the same questions as are in the pip form. They asked how his condition affected him and what hobbies and interests he has. I don't know if this is the standard format as it's his first one as he didn't need an assessment previously. Hope this helps a little ?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.